Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall opinion of the G6

Hi,

I have a question. My brother is thinking about buying a G6 and I'm just wondering how many people regret their purchase or how many would buy it again in a heartbeat.

What do you like or dislike about the car?

Thanks

I dislike that people seem to like HITTING my car! Other than that, I love pretty much everything!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I love almost everything except for a few minor things like how hard it is to get in the back seat for coupes, and how you cant see the foglight switch when you're driving, other than that I can't pick a better car in it's class.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
      Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
      Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
      -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I like mine. It's built really solid...you know? Like it has that heavy American solid feel to it. ^Back seat access to the coupe may be a pain, especially on the driver's side (power seats), but once you're in, there's enough room to cross your legs and sit comfortably.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Get the GTP. I regret not getting it, but it wasn't by choice but by consequence. I'm 6'5", GTPs all have moonroofs, I dont fit in just about any car with a moonroof if im driving. So I got a GT.
          I tried to think of something witty, but stopped.

Comment

Do you know which G6 Specifically he's looking into or is he still deciding which trim he prefers?

I LOOOOVE mine. Before this I had a mustang and I'll take the performance of this car (the way it handles and the smoother ride, specifically) over the mustang any day.

I just love it. I get nothing but compliments from people I do know and people I don't know. I think people are still a little shocked that pontiac has such a killer new car available. Mine gets checked out all the time!

My friends that have driven it have fallen in LOVE.

I have the GTP sedan.
            What's up with you?
            Nothin'. What's up with you?
            Nothin' . . . . . . . .
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            This Is Where I Waste ENTIRELY Too Much Time!

~~~~~~~~~~
            06 G6 GTP
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Everyone thinks they are just restyled Grand Ams, and then the G6 spanks their Accords, Camrys, and Altimas hands-down.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                Everyone thinks they are just restyled Grand Ams, and then the G6 spanks their Accords, Camrys, and Altimas hands-down.
                And I LOOOOOOOOVE it! :smoke:
                What's up with you?
                Nothin' . . . . . . . .
                ~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
                06 G6 GTP
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I LOVE the looks of my coupe, I love the performance of it (it's a GTP) I hate the rattles, I may have all the rattles fixed now keeping my fingers crossed. I hate the fact I have had it to the dealer 2 times check it out when I get screwy codes on the DIC. I hate the cheap feal compared to my last car (2005 grand prix)

So it's a bit of a mixed bag for me. Do I like it? Yes. would I still buy it today with all I know? Probably not, I would buy another Grand Prix. but it should hold me over for a couple more years until the new Camero is out.
                  2007 G6 GTP

Comment

Maybe you got a really well-built one, but the last few years of the GPs in my Pontiac dealership have the cheapest feeling interiors I've ever encountered, minus base Civics.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                      Maybe you got a really well-built one, but the last few years of the GPs in my Pontiac dealership have the cheapest feeling interiors I've ever encountered, minus base Civics.
                      I test drove one at the same time I test drove the G6 I have now. . . I hated it. There was no question when it came to decision time. Plus I like the body of the G6 way more than I do the Grand Prix.
                      What's up with you?
                      Nothin' . . . . . . . .
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
                      06 G6 GTP
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I just wish it I had the DOHC engine, and it was actually factory tuned for performance. Tired of my 350Z buddies giving me shit for have the same literage and kicking my ass
                        VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

Originally posted by 6-shooter
                          I LOVE the looks of my coupe, I love the performance of it (it's a GTP) I hate the rattles, I may have all the rattles fixed now keeping my fingers crossed. I hate the fact I have had it to the dealer 2 times check it out when I get screwy codes on the DIC. I hate the cheap feal compared to my last car (2005 grand prix)

So it's a bit of a mixed bag for me. Do I like it? Yes. would I still buy it today with all I know? Probably not, I would buy another Grand Prix. but it should hold me over for a couple more years until the new Camero is out.
                          You must be crazy! The 2004+ GP interiors suck! My 97 had pretty damn nice interior, but I like the styling of this one better. The G6 is without question the leader in its class in my opinion. I wish I had more power, but thats about it. (who doesnt want more power?) I had to get a GT for financial reasons, but still, 230+ hp out of the middle model works for me. (I gave myself a little hp boost cuz of intake and exhaust).

Comment

I'm very happy with mine overall. And seeing 10,000 Chargers on the road, as much as I like them is a little blah... Same with Stangs. I get people saying, Nice car! What is it?!"

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I see tons o' G6s around here, but only 2 or 3 other GTP sightings since I bought the car in October '06. Most of them are Ecotecs or base V6s.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Working...
                              X