Custom intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom intake

I had an extra 90 degree bend lying around so I though I would make myself an intake.

Here it is

All the parts needed

It actually doesn’t touch the harness anymore, I moved it a bit.

The 90 degree SS Elbow is about 30 bucks, the rubber elbow was 15, the coupler was 15, the filter was 50, The Clamps Wire loom and hose came to 7 bucks. 117CND Not to bad.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Nice Nice! I know Nikki had an proto intake on her car that took that same route. Wondering if that spot is better than the long tube running above the radiator? Hmm.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

How the heck did you get the wires from the MAF all the way over there? Extended them? Or are they already that long and I just never noticed it....
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
        How the heck did you get the wires from the MAF all the way over there? Extended them? Or are they already that long and I just never noticed it....
        They run along that 1 inch harness that crosses the valve cover. I just pulled it apart and pulled them to the other side of the engine bay. I was left with about 10 inches of extra wire witch is just bundled up in 6 inches of wire loom I bought, and electrical taped it to the 1 inch harness.
        2009 Panther Black G8 GT
        334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Alright. Could YOU possibly get me some video Inside the car, as to how the motor sounds rowing through the gears. And just daily driving?
          Supra MKIV - T72, Fuel, Race intake mani, Greddy 4 row, nitrous, cam gears, and AEM EMS

Comment

Originally posted by Beau
            Alright. Could YOU possibly get me some video Inside the car, as to how the motor sounds rowing through the gears. And just daily driving?
            Sure, I just fixed I minor boobo, i'm going for a drive now.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Here you are!

http://www.jordierobb.com/The%20GTP...and%20third.MOV

http://www.jordierobb.com/The%20GTP...l%20Driving.MOV
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

these should work:

http://www.jordierobb.com/The%20GTP/Vid ... 0third.MOV

http://www.jordierobb.com/The%20GTP/Vid ... riving.MOV

Comment

loving that sound, hope kyles does that too

Comment

Jordie ya bastard! You beat me to it. I just gotta stop accepting more side projects from guys and get my intake made up. I need to stop by Jackson and pick up that 3inch stainless. Thats my only holdup.

There's heaps of room on the drivers side and a much better route than having the air heated up from crossing over the front exh manifold.

Sounds awesome dooder! Oh that reminds me, I'm going to go check the parts department I think that exhaust manifold gasket is in for the 3900. I'll be phoning Chris to get some Header flanges made up soon.
                    Colin.
                    06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                    92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                    90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                      Jordie ya bastard! You beat me to it. I just gotta stop accepting more side projects from guys and get my intake made up. I need to stop by Jackson and pick up that 3inch stainless. Thats my only holdup.

There's heaps of room on the drivers side and a much better route than having the air heated up from crossing over the front exh manifold.

Sounds awesome dooder! Oh that reminds me, I'm going to go check the parts department I think that exhaust manifold gasket is in for the 3900. I'll be phoning Chris to get some Header flanges made up soon.
                      Werd!
                      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

that was on gt too...so im guessing the gtp would be a little deeper

Comment

Its here. :P I'll try and get some flanges made up asap.
                          Colin.
                          06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
                          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
                          90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            that was on gt too...so im guessing the gtp would be a little deeper
                            Not thats a GTP 6 Speed

Originally posted by v6h.o.
                            Its here. :P I'll try and get some flanges made up asap.
                            Sweeeeeet!
                            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Nice work, is there any room to make a block off so you are not picking up hot air? HAIs are not too good!
                              Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                              X