Nice looking Auras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice looking Auras

I was never sensitive to g6-alikes before I purchased my G6. A few days ago, I noticed my first new Aura while on the highway.

I must say, that is one sharp looking ride. I mean really nice. Saturn seems to be on the right track.

I just wish Oldsmobile was still around

-d
    2007 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan 3.5L VVT V6 Granite/Black
    Sun 'n Sound, DupliColor Red Calipers, Mobil 1 Oil System
    GM Strut Brace, MPR Cold Air Intake
    Vector Stealth PCM Tune 93 Octane
    Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, 12" Orion Subwoofer
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2686122

Re: Nice looking Auras

Originally posted by metalliqaz

I just wish Oldsmobile was still around

-d
    me 2
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

Yes the Aura is sexy. We loved the one we first saw at the auto show.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
      Originally posted by [i
      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

If Oldsmobile have its own version of the Epsilon car it would be sweet.
        I always like the Alero more than the Grand Am. It was a sharp looking car. Even my import driving friends said it was nice.

Comment

I always thought that if Oldsmobile was still around, that the Aura probably would be an Oldsmobile instead of a Saturn.

But, then again, Saturn is the new Oldsmobile. Hopefully, with a different ending

Comment

Yup someone has an Aura around the corner from me. Very sharp ride.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The Aura is very nice. And I'm seeing lots of them around now, good for Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aura XR
                I always thought that if Oldsmobile was still around, that the Aura probably would be an Oldsmobile instead of a Saturn.

But, then again, Saturn is the new Oldsmobile. Hopefully, with a different ending
                Saturn will NEVER be Oldsmobile. Not a single chance. At most NA Opel, but not Oldsmobile. R.I.P. Oldsmobile.

Although the Aura does look like it was originally supposed to be an Alero. The rear bears a lot of resemblance to the final gen Aurora. See here:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/in ... topic=7861
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                  Saturn will NEVER be Oldsmobile. Not a single chance. At most NA Opel, but not Oldsmobile. R.I.P. Oldsmobile.

Although the Aura does look like it was originally supposed to be an Alero. The rear bears a lot of resemblance to the final gen Aurora. See here:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/in ... topic=7861
                  That's probably true, Saturn won't make the same mistakes that plagued Oldsmobile and more than likely will survive.

Nice photochop, I don't recall seeing that on C&G. I also thought Aura was an odd name, too close to Aurora (Also too close to Acura, which is what the onstar rep called my car when I took delivery last August).

Saturn is now in the slot of moving up scale in the hierarchy, into the spot that was previously occupied by Oldsmobile. It isn't luxury or but more or less trying to be the near-luxury brand, but not as near-lux as Buick. It's not an easy task since Saturn was considered an entry-level division not even 2 years ago.

Comment

yes Auras are very nice cars, my gf's Aura was a hell of a lot cheaper than my 6 (I had negative equity) and she has a ton more options than my car
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

The way I look at it the Malibu is a meat and potatoes type car, kind've the family sedan. The G6 is more your youthful sporty type car. The Aura is somewhat a mix of european flair and sosphistication. At least thats kind've the image I get from the ads I see.

You could think of it like this,
                      On a friday night,
                      the Malibu would be scene at a chuck e cheeses
                      the G6 would either be at a club or the dragstrip
                      the Aura would be at something like a martini bar

In the end it doesn't really matter as long as it beats the snot out of the honda parked next to it.

Comment

Ouch, chuck e cheese....

I'm gonna go play some more Eve. You make me sad.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

I wasn't trying too be mean, just that's the impression that i get from the ads I see on tv and in the car magazines. Maybe Chevy should do ads for the malibu showing its sporty side. After all the malibus from the 1960's are pretty badass. Think of it like this, it will be even more satisfying when you beat a honda in a malibu. Just imagine the shocked look on his face. :P

Comment

Not only do I beat Hondas, but I beat Mustangs, RX8's, and can hold my own against things that should in theory win, haha. I'm not a typical Malibu owner though - my SS is essentially a GTP with a different body.

I know what you mean though, my grandfather has a Malibu LT and loves it He definitely doesn't have the 3900 in it though.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

I think they are nice and everything, but having said that I still wouldn't want one. Between the Sky and Aura though, seems Saturn has the right idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X