Orbital buffer/polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbital buffer/polisher

I just bought one and honestly, its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its very easy (easier than by hand for sure) and make a HUGE difference! Everyone should have one and use it once a month, I know I will. I just wanted to through that out there. Soo... does anyone else use one and have any opinions?
    2007 Chevy Tahoe, full color match, LTZ wheels, 2.5" front and 1" rear lift, 33X12 Nitto Terra Grapler, 8000K HIDs, remote reverse light switch

2004 Yamaha R6, hot bodies flushmount signals, MOTOdynamic smoked integrated LED taillight, custom 08 shorty exhaust, custom fender eliminator, smoked double bubble windscreen, color matched seat cowl, removed passenger pegs. 1/4 mile: 10.8 at 131(wasn't supposed to exceed 120 bc I didn't have leather pants, could have easily done under 10.5 but they kicked me out for going too fast)

Yep I love my PC, have several of them and use them all the time.

Comment

I just got one recently and it kicks ass.

Still learning how to use it properly though. I'm sure I can get much better results than what I've gotten so far, just need to get the technique down.

Comment

I'm just learning how to use mine as well. Great tool to have.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I've always done it by hand but the last time I about killed myself off in the heat here so I was thinking about investing in one also...
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I have one, they are the absolute TITS. You really need one if you have a black car.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

would this help get out light scratches from ooo lets say debadging?
              2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
              Black/Black coupe

Comment

I have a couple of different kinds of buffers. I like them but only use them when a job calls for one. I use to clean cars at dealers for work when I was in college. Be careful using them all the time and on dark cars. You can f up your clear coat big time. (swirl marks) when the sun hits you car you will see millions of marks in the clear coat. I only use them when a cars paint is old and faded or to fix and clean scratches. when using one keep your pads clean, don't let them get gummed up and don't use too much pressure unless your really good with one. I personally think I can do a better job by hand to just wax a car than any machine buffer. I just think it comes out better with less chance of doing any damage to the clear coat.

just my two cents hope this can help.

I wish I had an after pic but I got this out. You would have to know where to look to find it now and I have a hard time finding it now. I'll try to get one for you fixed if you want. that was fixed with a machine buffer.

the post this pic came from.
                http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10296
                ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

A random orbit buffer is basically foolproof, you can't really damage your paint even if you try. A rotary buffer however is not something for a beginner, so I will agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann
                    would this help get out light scratches from ooo lets say debadging?
                    Nah, that's something you can do by hand easily.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Buffing

I love my buffer....couldn't live without it! The finish is alot nicer than if done by hand.... just make sure you never wax in the sun... haha learned that the hard way!

Comment

Wow do they make life easier! I have one that I borrowed from my ex girlfriend's dad. Too bad his daughter was such a bitch and I don't wanna see her long enough to give it back. Great tool to have. Thanks Beth!

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

^Bad Karma not returning tools.
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

^ yup.

Comment

i heart my buffer. it helps a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X