How To : Remove Air Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To : Remove Air Vents

''Posting this in response to http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5685 which sparked my interest at 1:00 in the morning. While I was doing this how to a cop came looking to see if i was stealing something...with air vent in hand he asked me for an ID as I sit in my passenger seat in front of my house. Oh well. This is all for now...I actually had the thought to do this before along with the under dash lights i already installed so will post more later on.
    Here Goes:

Stock Install

1. Push down firmly and rotate outer ring of the housing till the highlighted notch lines up with the grove in the vent housing.

2. Lightly pull forward and locate all three highlighted tabs, pry tabs inward and pull assembly outward.
    *hint* worked best sliding a narrow tool around the outside of the vent and prying one at a time.

3. Locate and lightly pry the 3 tabs on the outer ring and lift up.

4. Locate the three chrome tabs and pull inwards and pull the ring down

Now you have the assembly, outer ring, and chrome ring.

For all practical purposes, that should be the most you want to take apart...if not it pretty self explanatory after you have them out.

Painted

With Led

Overall view

Open Led View

Slight closed View

Ran wires behind the front of the dash and down the steering column. Spliced into Cig Lighter, but I still need to add a switch so they aren't always on.

Short story is, these are a pain to get a decent picture of.....50 pics later..
    Don't have the other hooked to power right now...so yeah

excellent write up, nice work!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks...

'

Comment

just so you know this was done once. nice pics though

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10185

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Nice pics. I like what you've done.

Comment

yeah

'

Comment

How bout a How-to for installing and wiring the LED's in the vents?
              Blue Man Group

Comment

ok

'

Comment

WTF?
                  G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

huh? haaha
                    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Re: How To : Remove Air Vents

Originally posted by Riotcowg6
                      ''
                      well " to you too

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                      Originally posted by [i
                      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

^ hehe
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Sorry, got a little irked. All is good now.

Comment

Re: How To : Remove Air Vents

@riotcowg6 - is there anyway you can repost the pictures ?

Comment

Working...
                            X