G6 Vs Altima coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Vs Altima coupe

'Car and Driver' says that G6 owners should be envious of the new Altima coupe. I have yet to see one in the flesh so I have no opinion on that but tonight I did see a TV commercial for the new Altima coupe and I think Pontiac should be envious of Nissan's commercials.
    The focus of the ad is the car's sportiness and performance complete with horsepower numbers. When stacked up against a GTP outracing flames down a tunnel (complete with no driver--a GM favourite) the Altima commerical really makes the car seem like something!
    Funny that Pontiac's emphasis on performance seems to rest in print media and focused on the Torrent and Solstice. The Torrent for Pete sake!!
    GM in general seems to have the dullest, least interesting commercials going.
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

I've seen one in person, finally. They're pretty nice cars. A bit small, I think, but not bad.

Comment

small yes, I'd still rather have my 6. I'm sure if may have slightly better performance than a GTP but really who gives a shit. The G6 is one hell of a sexy car and that's all that matters imo. Your car may be faster than mine but I'll be rollin in style. :smoke:
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on commercials. Their whole purpose is to glamourize the product.
        Some people will like the Altima, others will like the G6. Taste is such a personal thing. Envy or intimidating other cars or drivers are just childish.

Comment

If they had it when the G6 was out I would have seriously considered it instead... more refined and performance but the G6 looks a hell of a lot better to me and I'm happy with it.

Comment

^very true, and the commercial saying it starts a little over 20k I think it total bullshit. I've gone and looked at altimas and maximas-the altimas were no where near the 20k mark.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah the coupe up here is listed at 28K-32K.... I guess it puts it near the G6 though. For what they cost up here I mean.

Comment

Fully loaded Altimas easily break $35k, whereas a G6 GTP peaks at $28k

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yeah for you guys maybe, a fully loaded G6 coupe up here is listed probably around the 40K mark.

Altima coupe would go for the same actually, but it would have a lot more options bundled in the price as well so I guess it works out to be a 'better buy' in some ways compared to a fully loaded G6.

Comment

Weird, you'd think that there wouldn't be such a huge price difference, that it would be proportional after the dollar conversion. If the G6 is $40k, then the Altima should be pushing $55-60k

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                    - DS S3 Intake
                    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Yeah I just checked on a fully loaded Altima coupe and it was pushing 41K... it's no real surprise actually... I knew that when I was shopping for a new 350z that's even worse.

Comment

i saw a what appeared to be a 16 y/o girl driving one the other day. it looked alright but theres just something about them that i cant put my finger on that im not too fond of which causes me to loose interest in it. i for one like my 6 over the altima cause it looks more sophisticated as opposed to the "young whiper snapper mobiles" as my boss says LOL

Comment

The bigger the better no?

Anyway..... one of these is sitting at my closest dealer. IMO, it looks ok. Have been meaning to go have a closer look at it.

Have to wait till close tho. I find you pull up in our car w/tints and everyone looks and 10 seconds later a salesman is at your toes trying to sell you the fucking car.

I was looking at the 350z recently and guy said "interested?" and I said "nah it is too slow".

he nearly cried.
                          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

My girlfriend has it ... just picked it up yesterday ... my initial thoughts were 'nice car but overpriced' (she has a 2.5 and the car was the same friggin price as my GTP ffs!)

I wouldn't be envious though - it's got a smaller car feel from the inside, the price of the v6 is ridiculous and I'm not much a fan of the radio console. But... everyone has their own tastes.

I'm teasing her that Pontiac stole the ass of a 350z and Nissan fought back by taking the ass of a g6 and smacked it onto their coupe... because when I look at it from behind... that's all I can see.

whoever's saying we'd be jealous better get their heads outta there butts - at the added cost... you can get a much nicer vehicle.
                            2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
                            - 6 Speed Automatic
                            - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
                            - Chrome lower grill inserts
                            - Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                              Fully loaded Altimas easily break $35k, whereas a G6 GTP peaks at $28k
                              Fully loaded 3.5 liter auto altima coupe with everything minus navi is a tad over 30k at my dealer.
                              Mike # 3!

Comment

Working...
                              X