BLAH! Brake Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAH! Brake Issues

Well I'll summarize what went on today. Heard a funky squeaking going on...didnt know where it was coming from. I checked the brakes myself...visually, not taking the wheels off....they didnt look too bad. Well took it to Les schwab and got a brake inspection...they said they looked fine. I drove around some more, back to work and I decided to call the local dealership (not where I bought the car). A tech rode with me and said it sounds like the right rear brake or a hub. They were booked till next week...and I needed it done by tomorrow (have a trip to Seattle thats been planned). So I call Les schwab's brake dept and they said bring it by, the guy there said who the fuck inspected these brakes and said there were ok haha...this guy was pretty cool. Anyways, he drove it, heard the sound, then disassembled the rear brakes and found one pad to be totally gone....the indicator was scraping the rotor. But get this, the rest of the pads the guy said looked great. So its a caliper issue. The earliest he could get new calipers is saturday morning because he said G6 parts are stocked everywhere yet....blah....the guy was cool though and said I should take the issue up with GM. I'm getting the work done at Les schwab but gonna pursue GM or the dealership I bought my car at. One caliper with less than 36000 miles shouldnt be dead, mostly when the guy said most of the braking is done by the fronts, not the rears. Also the whole rear brake job (both calipers, both sets of pads, and labor) is going to be 315 bucks. DAYUM....happy bday to me :P Damn this car!! Nothing but problems! But I still love her But yeah, each caliper was 90 bucks....he said each caliper has the parking brake mechanism integrated into it, so its a bigger assembly (I checked it out, looked complicated to me) haha. Anyways, I hope it fixes the problem...he said he'd give me the pad on saturday to show the dealership if I need evidence. I'll post a pic of it to show you guys. BLAH!
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

if your going to try to bring evidence youll need all the pads and the caliper basically all the parts they replace
    and be prepared for the dealer to not be on your side with that for not taking it there

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

i can get a written statement from the guy I'm working with at Les Schwab if I need, also I got a new rear bumper and some other paint work done for free through the dealership because I wasnt happy they sold me a damaged car....my dad is a good force to have as well. Either way I'll have new rear brakes if I have to pay for them or not. hehe
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Working...
      X