Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car in accident before I got it, Dealer lied. What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car in accident before I got it, Dealer lied. What can I do?

So my suspiscions of my car having been hit or hitting something before I bought it are true. When I bought it I asked the dealer for a Carfax and a history and they said it was clean and had never been hit.
    Anyway, while cleaning my car and waxing it, I noticed a few paint drips on the front bumper like someone did a shitty job doing new body work. I also noticed that the paint on the passenger side of the car was not as smooth as the drivers side. Also, my front bumper wasnt exactly in place where it was supposed to be, there was more of a gap between the hood and bumper than their should have been (when they installed a new bumper).

So fastforward to when I take my car in for brakes and some electrical work. I get the car back and get the receipt. At the top of the reciept it has the last 4 times it has been in for service. They read like this"
    5-2-07 Paint Shop Work
    4-24-07 Body Work/Paint Shop Work

Tell me that isnt my car having been hit before? The one on 5-2-07 is from me complaining about a scratch before I bought it that I wanted buffed out (they did a shit job) But that body work and paint work...That is like a month before I got the car. Bull shit that they didnt pick up a wrecked car and sell it to me. The car was supposedly owned by a GM employees wife before I got it, so she crashes it and gets a new one. They fix it and dont claim it and lie to me about it. I get fucked.

What can I do about this? Am I screwed? Can I go back and be like, fix all that shit. And while your at it, fix my rear bumper for being pricks!

L - A - W - Y - E - R

Sing it with me now...
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I would talk to the dmv first and ask them what your state/county laws are regarding this. Did you ask the dealership if it was in an accident prior to purchasing it? If you did and they lied I would take them to small claims court.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
      Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
      Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
      -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

I think it depends on how much you paid. With the used 2007, did you get an extraordinarily good deal on it? Was it almost too good to be true? Did it seem like they were giving it away?
        If you got a really good deal, then I wouldn't sweat it. Even if you took them to court, what would you ask for? Some money back? But did you already get a sweet deal? They can go to Edmunds.com and be like "Hey we already gave him a pretty big discount."

I got my '07 used, and the deal was like 3k less than what Edmunds.com says I should have paid. I examined the car very closely and didn't find anything wrong but I didn't get a carfax. At this pont, it's running well and looks fine, so I guess I wouldn't mind if there was some body work.
        Now that I think about it, I probably should get that carfax...
        Actually a GM certified vehicle is supposed to come with a free carfax anyway but I didn't know that at the time.
        Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

Get a carfax. Prove your point.
          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I asked for a carfax and a vehicle history report. They gave me one that stated nothing happened to the car. They did in house repairs so it wasnt on the carfax apparently.

I jsut want the car fixed properly.

I paid 19k for a used 2007. Was supposed to be 21k but I paid cash.

Comment

I would spend the 20 bucks or whatever to get a carfax report........see what that says........THEN talk to a laywer.
              06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
              http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

Sue their asses for the price of your car

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

They lied BUT its not that simple, you took the car off the lot with out your homework too will be there argument. Only way anything will happen is just take it to a lawyer for an aprazial of your situation. Theres lawyers that give free constolations to guide you if you have case, waste of time, or what. With out consalting legal help your just swiming around in circles unfortainlly.
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Yep. I have to echo going to a lawyer.

Hell, just pull open the yellows and start phoning. Only call free consult lawyers.

Also, call your dmv. Take photos right now, today.

If you don't, they'll just say "well, why did you wait a day to take photos".

Chances are, you don't have a chance, but a lawyer will help sort that out.
                    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Same happened w/ mine.....I went there with my dad, we talked to the manager of the dealership....and got the rear bumper replaced, painted, and some other stuff I wanted painted, for free, free rental, and done at an out of house shop who did a great job. Yeah i backed into someone 3 weeks after I got it back...but hey that's not the point :P haha
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

if you want to give me the vin number I can look at anything and everything about your car,....
                        2006 G6 GT
                        Debadged
                        20% Window Tint
                        Painted molded mudflaps
                        DS Stage 4 CAI
                        8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
                        Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
                        Painted Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by JST4SHOG6
                          if you want to give me the vin number I can look at anything and everything about your car,....
                          Like who it's been sleeping with.................

sweet..... i'll get the cheatin' bitch yet.
                          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

you know, I think this happened to my car, well kinda.

I bought the car for 22,995 only 256 miles 2007 GTP fully loaded, should have cost around 29K right?

I asked the dude, why so cheap? "The car was driven by Pontiac Execs and it sat in the Pontiac headquarters." Mind you I bought the car over the internet, so I took his word.

Every time I wash my car, the bumper looks lighter than the rest of the car, and the water sits on bumper differently. It is obvious while just washing it, it was repainted.

I ran a carfax before I bought it and it said it was sold at an auction.

Car didn't show up when I typed the VIN in on gmlink.com or any insurance company - if that doesn't sound weird!

Rule of thumb again, if it sounds to good to be true, probably is.
                            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                            Black/Black coupe

Comment

I thought it's reported to CarFax if it IS repaired at the dealership and not at third party companies-that's what I was told when I had mine fixed at Auto Body World instead of the dealership.
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X