Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension Noise (sounds like busted strut mount!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Noise (sounds like busted strut mount!)

Ok, now i know the suspension on the G6 especially the GT model is noisey to begin with. but i am now getting a noise from mine that sound exactly like a strut with a broken strut mount. If the car had 60k plus miles on it, i would definately assume that this was the issue. but seeing as i only have 15k, i am a little skeptical on presuming that is the case.

my question is, have any of you had this issue as of yet?
    2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

nope...sorry
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Nah definitely not... but a busted strut could still be the problem, what is the noise, like a dull thud or something?
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

more like.... a busted strut mount. hard to describe. at low mph and a slightly unlevel road (bumps) i get a "strut bottoming out" kind of sound pretty much over every bump...

i know, i don't describe well
        2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Comment

That might be exactly what it is though, I would take it in and have them look at it. Thats what the warranty is for!

Comment

my old car has all the struts broken

yes it is a thudding sound i believe noah, kinda sound like the tire is gonna explode from the whole car and blast thru the top

Comment

well it's going into the shop Thursday to find out what the deal is. it just makes no sense if it's the strut or the mount that it would go at 15k

Comment

mu buddy had a brand new cheerokee that he took in the mud, blew the shock up cuz he hit a rut to hard.. grantit I know its not really a comparison but it can happen

Comment

Yeah i have the same noise. I took it in to the dealership and to someone I know and neither could find anything wrong with it. I'm taking it in again Friday to have it checked out again along with other problems they need to fix.
                  Joe
                  New to the Pontiac World
                  2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
                  (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
                  (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Comment

Every once and a while i have a similar noise, it has to be the right circumstance for it to make the noise. Maybe i will have my guy look at it.
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                    X