Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no aftermarket on the G6??

Thanks fellas, appreciate the warm welcome

It's GTP 2006, 11,000 K. I am thinking about a couple of basics now, ground effects body kit, spoiler, HID, XM; stuff like this.

Now I have a question too. In the world of Ford Contour, which is a discontinued car, never ever was popular in the tuning/racing/ricing scene, not that sporty looking, etc. - we all used to bitch and moan about the lack of proper aftermarket. Let me tell you guyz - compared to G6 it was a huge market. What's going on, no big brake kits, not even BAER, no chips (couldn't find one), no vendors offering upgraded suspension... I don't get it why? Pontiacs have a past history of modding, it's a great looking car, so why the aftermarket is so scarce?

Thanks,

RG

I split and moved your question to the General G6 Discussion folder.
    You are right...our aftermarket is abysmal.

none of us can figure out why. At least there are back lights for the coupes now....it is slow but a few things are cropping up. Magnaflow just came on line with a single catback setup. (although there are cheaper better alternatives)

Sooooo it is slow but coming!
    SSLLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I wish the brakes would be addressed...someone can make some money with that one! You listening brembo??
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Well, the G6 is a new car on the market and its not really intended to be a high performance car. The GTPs/GXPs are the high performance models, but its still intended to be a fairly quick cruiser. Also, the Grand Am that the G6 replaced wasn't exactly known to be a car that performance enthusiasts buy to mod. Its possible that the G6 will eventually pick up more performance parts, but the businesses are more likely to put their eggs into baskets that are bigger, such as the Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, and turboed cars which all are well known to have a large performance following.
      2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
      (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
      (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

GM brakes sucks, plain and simple. I have had countless warped brakes with GM cars. The problem have existed for over 10 years. Brembo should be the official OEM supplier for GM brakes.

Not only the G6 wasn't designed to be a performance car, the percentage of all G6 owners that actually intend to mod their cars are very small. If the demand is there, the aftermarket will eventually follow.

Comment

Aftermarket is gonna focus on the GTP/GXP models, and there isn't enough of a market yet for aftermarket parts due simply to sheer sales figures. The 3.9L was only available for one year and is therefore not really worth the investment, and the 3.6L is still only one year old. I have faith that the GXP, as ugly as it is, will pump some life into the 3.6L G6 aftermarket.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

i thought the convertible GTs this year got the 3.9?

either way, I too hope that when the GXP comes out, more kids will buy it, and want to mod it, bringing the aftermarket up.
            2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
            Black/Black coupe

Comment

Well, 1 year and a few months really. The sport package for 2007 was only around until January or so.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

yeah the 07 GT's i thought were mated with the 3.9

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                  07 GTs had the 3.9 as an option. They came with the 3.5 standard.

Comment

What is killing us is two things...

1. Most sales for G6s are sedans to rental car fleets.

2. Engine options keep changing.

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by HotG6GTP
                      Only for a few months, after which it was cancelled. As of January, GTs are only 3.5Ls

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Well, let's hope for changes...

Comment

Well don't I just feel warm and fuzzy now!
                          Steve, the guy with missing avatar
                          07 G6 GT coupe 3.9 6sp
                          85 Grand Am Tube Chassis Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                            GM brakes sucks, plain and simple. I have had countless warped brakes with GM cars. The problem have existed for over 10 years. Brembo should be the official OEM supplier for GM brakes.

Not only the G6 wasn't designed to be a performance car, the percentage of all G6 owners that actually intend to mod their cars are very small. If the demand is there, the aftermarket will eventually follow.
                            I can't completely agree with this statement. Had a 1999 GMC Sierra Extended Cab that didn't have the break pads replaced until 145,000 miles. That was the FIRST time. Never changed the rotors. Now I have a 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche with 99.975 miles and, guess what, never changed the pads. Never touched the rotors.

Comment

right on..

So how many ppl do you think we need to nag on brembo to make us some brakes?

I don't know shit about brakes, so when the time comes, I'd like to have my options.

Who else makes good brakes?
                              2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                              Black/Black coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X