Paint code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint code

Does anyone know the paint code for the Stealth Gray Metallic paint? I need to get a bottle of the Duplicolor touch up...
    2006 G6 Sedan
    Stealth Gray Metallic
    20% Tint, Moonroof, Remote Start, 6 Disc CD, Power petals, Spoiler, Polk Audio Db5250 5.25" Front doors w/tweeters, Polk Audio Db690 6x9" Rear Deck Speakers

well actually, according to my dealership even the same colors have different codes

as i though the blue would be the blue, but he said there was like 12 different schemes on it or something stupid

instead of being "electric blue" the color is actually arrival blue metallic

so he had to have my vin to get correct color match

Comment

So, can you get a touch up bottle at the dealership? I don't need alot just one of those small touch bottles.
      2006 G6 Sedan
      Stealth Gray Metallic
      20% Tint, Moonroof, Remote Start, 6 Disc CD, Power petals, Spoiler, Polk Audio Db5250 5.25" Front doors w/tweeters, Polk Audio Db690 6x9" Rear Deck Speakers

Comment

yeh mine didnt have my color in stock so ordered it, took about 3 days

i had to ask my salesman to get me a bottle or it is something like $9.21 for a touchup bottle

parts guy just said go ask your salesman to request it for ya and it will be free, so that is prob best bet

Comment

Thanks for the help. I just order a bottle from the dealership..
          2006 G6 Sedan
          Stealth Gray Metallic

Comment

in my jimmy the paint code is on the RPO label in the glove box...do they not do that with these?

Comment

i believe it is also inside the engine on top right piece and inside back door frames, maybe front too

Comment

I was gonna say, the paint code should be on the inside door jam, on a sticker.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah theres about 6 places that GM puts the paint code... used to be also on the spare tire cover at times, engine compartment, door jam, glove box and other places I cant remember haha
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

That is why I jsut called the Dealership and gave them my VIN#. Alot easier and a better match and going to Autozone..
                    2006 G6 Sedan
                    Stealth Gray Metallic

Comment

/\ Werd, because I dont know about you guys, the but people at the autozone here.. don't know SQUAT!!! It amazes me that someone could run an auto store and hire people who think they know cars because what.. they change their own oil!! My girl can change her own oil, then she asked me where to put washer fluid in!!
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      Originally posted by simplyred
                      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

thats the reason they work at autozone.. shitty parts.. shitty people..
                        Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

The paint code is in the glovebox. It is on the bottom line of the sticker and starts with a Uxxxx.

Ex. My paint code: U8555 < BLACK

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

when you give them that paint code from the glove box also give them your vin
                            2005 stealth grey G6 GT
                            red painted calipers
                            XM Roady 2
                            Redline Tuning Quicklifts
                            Ingen Intake
                            GT-R Exhaust
                            Polished GM Performance Strut Bar
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2165313

Comment

If you give them the paint code, you have no reason to give them your vin.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X