Rookie Owner with LED questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Owner with LED questions

Hey guys, Im new here. I just bought some LED bars for my 06 GT Sedan (red of course!) and hopefully in the next week or so when I get a couple days off work Ill make my fiance install them under the dash.

Ideally what Id like is for them to come on and fade away like the interior lights do when you open/close the door but ALSO have a toggle switch to turn em on while Im driving if I want. Is there a way I can have the best of both worlds?!@ Or if not, can you hook up a dimmer switch to an LED bar? [/b]If so, then Ill just have a dimmer switch toggle and not worry about wiring it to the door opening cause Im worried the lights are gonna be too bright while Im driving and just get annoying after awhile so Id love to be able to dim them.

Also can those of you who have installed interior lights post pictures of the switches, I want some ideas on what looks the best. Im thinkin of puttin it in the unused spot next to the fog light and interior light dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel..

OOOOHHH speaking of which, could you have an on switch for the LEDs there (its not one of the cigarette lighter plug-ins) and then use the interior light dimmer switch next to it to dim them?? Is that possible?? Sorry Im kinda scatterbrained, I dont know jack about electrical wiring.

By the way, Im Andrea. Im 22. I live in Oregon (I know.. it sucks.. pity me. I just moved here from Ft Lauderdale)

i had the same idea... what i came up with (dont know if it will actually work yet) get another hud dimmer switch and connect all the leds through that. also have a tap in the line after the switch from the power source for the dome light (this may need to come directly from dome light after toggle switch?)

this would hopefully allow for leds coming on and dimming like the dome light does, and you can (if the dimmer switch works correctly) adjust brightness of the leds

Comment

Working...
    X