Problems with 07 Leather Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 07 Leather Seats

Anyone else had a problem with the side bolster of the drivers seat in particular getting ragged and basically peeling off. This is on the very outermost edge, the piping. VERY bad seat design to put that seam there. I still have plenty of time left on my warranty but don't want them pulling the normal "wear and tear" thing on me since this started happening before 2,000 miles on the car. I'm not a big fan of seat covers since I got leather on the car for a reason.

take a pic ? I had a tiny cut in my drivers side bolster and they fixed it as it was the first week I had the car and I insisted it was due to showroom car - people getting in and out...they fixed it but said the leather isn't under warranty

Comment

I just went and looked at my 07 seats and they look fine.
      Steve, the guy with missing avatar
      07 G6 GT coupe 3.9 6sp
      85 Grand Am Tube Chassis Race Car

Comment

Strange, I'll get a pic tomorrow and post it up.

Comment

theyll warrenty it
          most dealers arnt as pickey as you would think if they are put up a stick until they do or take it to another

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

The instuction manuel says that the leather is covered under warrenty unless the damage is due to something that is your fault such as damage from foreign objects or damage due to improper care.

I have an 07 GTP with leather and mine is fine so far.
            2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
            (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
            (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

i had that problem on my 06....The regional GM rep said i didn't know how to get in and out of my car properly....but replaced the bead only...and only as a 1 time thing....its already starting to peel off again
              Black 06 GTP Coupe - Dr. Speed Cold Air Box, Tinted Windows, Projektorz - Coming this week: Grafxworks Pontiac overlays all around, Black Painted Calipers w/ ZZP Decals and Rockblocker Smoked Tail Light Covers !!

Comment

Originally posted by MYfynGTP
                i had that problem on my 06....The regional GM rep said i didn't know how to get in and out of my car properly....but replaced the bead only...and only as a 1 time thing....its already starting to peel off again
                How to get in properly? I figure it goes something like this:
                Remote start that baby up
                Unlock car door using keyless remote
                Open door :O
                Put right leg, put right leg out, put your right leg in and shake it all about
                Move body forward using the door as leverage and slide your body into the cockpit. Your bum should end up on the seat.
                Close door

Pretty close?
                2007 G6 GTP Coupe 3.6 L VVT
                - 6 Speed Automatic
                - Premium Leather Package

Coming soon:
                - Chrome lower grill inserts
                - Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                X