leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather seats

Does anyone know if the heated/power seats will transfer over into a sedan and work? Or is there something else required to be wired in?

Nevermind, found part of the answer. Has anyone put them in and were you able to get the functions to work?

Comment

i would assume all you need to hook up is a power and ground

Comment

Your car might have a harness already just laying around somewhere taped up...who knows....
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

You know if I didn't have to walk 10 miles to my car I'd go check. You've got me curious now!

Although I'm not counting on that. That would make things too simple!

Comment

Well I know my gf's dad bought a toyota corolla from the auction, and it didnt have power mirrors....but he took the interior out and found the plug for power mirrors, so he just got the wiring and plugged it in and whalla! haha so who knows, i'm sure they have one big universal harness...at least thatd be the most cost effective in my eyes!
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by wild_duece03
              You know if I didn't have to walk 10 miles to my car I'd go check. You've got me curious now!

Although I'm not counting on that. That would make things too simple!
              Find the fuse for the heated seats. If your 6 has that spot available, you might have the harness for it. Only e2helper knows for sure though.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

e2helper????

Comment

Originally posted by wild_duece03
                  e2helper????
                  E2 is a poster, he comes on some and helps. I believe he is a engineer for GM
                  Steve, the guy with missing avatar
                  07 G6 GT coupe 3.9 6sp
                  85 Grand Am Tube Chassis Race Car

Comment

just checked mine without and did not see a harness for heated seats
                    although theres also a heated seat control module in the schematic and im sure they dont just put those in cars with out heated seats

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I am not sure if GM is smart enough to universally wire their vehicles although the remote start pre-wire is a good omen. Look around for unused pin connectors in the harness and you might be pleasently surprised. Or,you could go online and pay to view the factory service manual to see how the harness is laid out. If you only need a new GM harness you can order a build to suit one from Summit racing.

Useless stories I typed out of boredom.

In my landrover Discovery, the seats already had the harness installed. In addition, they already had the heating element installed. If you did not pay for the heated seats, all you had to do was buy the switches/new bezel and install them.

Jeep was so damn stupid they engineered their gas tanks to hold 21 gallons stock yet would manually install a partition to limit the tank to 15 or so gallons. The base model's capacity was 15 gallons and to get a 21 gallon tank was part of anupgrade packge. Jeep had to manually put a partition in all tanks which did not pay for the upgrade. It cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars before they figured out how stupid it was.
                      How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Working...
                      X