My first mod (well, sort of!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first mod (well, sort of!)

Who'd of thought that my first mod would be just to replace a stock piece with a stock piece.

You may remember about me complaining about my AC controls having faded to pinkish white. Well, I purchased my first thing off of Ebay. I actually found a replacement control for $30 bucks.

So hopefully once I get it in it lights up red. The seller couldn't remember the color but said that he would refund my money if it not.

I know this may be trivial to some but I can't tell you how much it has been bugging me to look at the dash and see all those red lights and then look down and see some funky pinkish, whitish ones! And I figured this was an easier route than trying to get the dealer to replace it.

Oh and I think I might get addicted to Ebay now!

I cant believe you are having trouble with the interior lights already. My 6 is an 05 and the interior lights are still going strong. Did you bye it new?
    "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

Sorry for the repost, but yea I guess you can say its a mod.
      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

No, I bought it used. It really does suck that I'm doing this myself. I think the dealer should take care of it. But I figured that for the price, it was easier than trying to hassle with the dealer.

Comment

I changed the title. Not as misleading that way. lol!

Comment

Are you talking about the lower right lights behind the knob?
            Isnt everyones pink there? Mine is...

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

No, mine are faded. I guess when I said pinkish it kind of threw you off. They are more white than anything. And you can tell they used to be pink/red like the rest. They kind of have a pink tint to them but they aren't all the same. The fan controls are starting to fade as well. If I had my camera I'd take a pic. You can clearly see a difference. I looked up a pic of an '05 sedan online and it clearly is not supposed to be like mine is.

Comment

Mine aren't faded at all.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I 2nd that, mines an 05 all the interior lights are lookin good.
                  "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

Yup, that's why I jumped on that piece when I saw it.

I'm going to try and install it myself. I saw the write up in the how to section about taking the dash off. I'm not the most car savvy and this will be my first attempt at something like this. Any recommendations on not tearing up my dash would be greatly appreciated.

So be honest......how many of you went out to look at your lights after reading this?!

Comment

I wanted too but I'm at work right now. LOL
                      "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

I don't have any problems with fading and 99.9% of my driving happens at night with all the lights on
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I have no issues with fading, but I have different HVAC controls.

It is certainly a warranty issue though.

sigpic
                          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                            It is certainly a warranty issue though.
                            agreed, something like that the dealer should definitely deal with, not you. Just try not to mess anything up in there like break any tabs or anything like that just in case you do end up taking it in. If they can tell you tore into the thing they might not do anything for ya.
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Maybe I will try and get the dealer to take care of it. I just figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Probably not the right thing to do but I figured the easiest since I'm creeping up on 36,000. If I can get them to do it....anyone want to buy a heat/AC control?

Comment

Working...
                              X