Just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering

Like I was saying before I got my car in Nov. 05. It's Stealth Gray Metallic even though it just looks like a lighter shade of blue to me. But what I was wondering is what made everyone want to go with performance or interior parts rather than work from the outside to the inside. I ask because my rims will be here any day and what I paid for those I could have hooked up the inside and kept the stock wheels that came with the car, but like Kaine in Menace II Society, I just feel like I am rolling on some weak s*&^%. So anyway, some people tell me what your motivation was to work on the inside and if any people have plans to work on the outside as far as wheels. Also, has anyone thought about replacing their gas cover with one of those chrome ones?
    "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

What do you mean by "work on the inside"? A lot of us have modified the exterior of our cars. There are few parts to work with right now, so most of us have done our own things by ourselves. But there aren't many interior parts I can think of that you talk about? And the only performance part we have right now is the intake, although some have had custom exhausts made.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Well, when I say interior, I mean radio, speakers, anything that wasn't added to the outside. I was talking to a guy the other day and we were talking about just adding woofers and seeing how it would sound with the factory radio. By the way, Mike, I think your car is dum nice man. If I would have had the chance I would have gotten black, but the stealth gray was the only other thing I liked that they had on the lot. I was wondering where you got your headlight covers from if that's what you have and what are your plans for the future on fixing up your ride even more, cause to me, I love it just like it is.
      "DUB G6" 20" Diablo Fatboy Rims, DUB badge on the trunk, DUB 20" badges on both fenders, Pioneer Premier DEH-P680MP Cd/MP3 player, Scosche GMLan Kit, Two Rockford Fosgate 12's, Rockfard Fosgate Amp. Tint 20% Rear/40% Front.

Next: Aftermarket headlights, Remove Pinstripes, DVD player In The Glove Compartment & Two Tv's In The Headrest With Wireless Headphones. There Is No G6 Cleaner Than Mine.

Comment

Some of us have wheels but as Mike said there really isn't all that much out for our cars as of yet. Most of us have blacked out the headlights, debadged it, painted grills.. etc... There is a body kit and a ram air hood but both of products are for lack of a better work boring IMO. Hopefully more will come out soon, have you posted any pics of your car yet?
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

no, I want to, but the last time I tried to put a pic on here, it didn't come up. So if I had a pic on my computer, how would I put it here so you can see what I am working with now and what it will look like when I get the wheels.

Comment

use a program like photobucket.. theres a thread on how to use it in the How-To section and you can post it in the members rides area.

Comment

cool thanks, also when I talk about the interior, I like those woodgrain dash kits and all. I believe I am hesitant in replacing the radio because when I had my last car, I had a remote start alarm put on at Circuit City and it started to fry wires in my car one by one. One day the cruise wouldn't work and then the next, the dash lights went out. Anyway, what did you use to debadge the car to make sure it came off clean and what about the stripes on the side, if you had those, would you remove them. I was thinking about taking the V6 off the back of my car and taking the G6 symbol and putting it in the middle right below the trunk lock.

Comment

There's threads all over the place on everything from debadging, to custom exhaust. Just search around a little so we dont have to many threads saying the same thing. Theres a ton of info floating around this site.

Comment

Gotcha

Comment

Thanks dude!
                    -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

i would like to do everything at once, but i do what i feel is most important first. i want mine lowered cause i like the look, intake and exhaust cause i like the sound and whatever gains i get from it. i don't worry about "working from the outside in" cause i spend more of my time inside the car than i do looking at the outside. it is all well and good to say "hey, look at my pimp ass ride" and i want my car to look nice, but it is a waste if i am not comfortable driving it or if i don't enjoy the way the inside of the car comes together cause that is where i live.

Comment

Well you already have a few options with lowering it, and an exhaust should be on the way very soon.
                        -Mike #1

Comment

haha yeah i know, i plan on lowering it . and exhaust is on the way? you can get exhaust made for any car on the market. i have never gone with bolt on exhaust, it is easy enough and inexpensive enough to just buy a muffler and have the pipes bent i would much rather go that route.

Comment

well yea, any shop can make you an exhaust system. I mean a cat-back that is mass-marketed for anyone to buy.
                            -Mike #1

Comment

I go after performance and handling, when modding a car. When I lowered the car, both the appearance and handling improved. Next up, I'm doing the exhaust. The last item will be a ECM upgrade. Interior mods are not much of a concern to me.
                              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                              Forge Motorsports BPV
                              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Working...
                              X