wheel and tire insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel and tire insurance

did anybody else get the wheel and tire insurance. it's only $5 a month and they'll replace rims and tires if damaged in any way. like if you hit a curb when parallel parking or whatever. i got it bc i have the 18 in rims that cost $750 a pop to replace from GM so i figured it was worth it bc i dont have to worry about damaging them in any way.
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Where did you get that from? GM? They never mentioned any type of "wheel insurance" when I bought the car...they mentioned everything else though.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yea through GM. you might want to ask if interested. i think it's worth it to have one less thing to worry about messing up. i scratched one when cleaning it bc there was a rock in the brush and i was going to get a new one, but i was able to polish it out. good thing i waxed the rims when i got it.

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

intersting, never heard of wheel and tire insurance outside of regular car insurance coverage. i can parallel park with the best of them, i just worry about potholes and stuff. i may look into it.

Comment

Ehhh...I fought hard to get my monthly payment where it is now...adding $5 to it, as little as it may be, would still defeat my efforts I'll just take my chances. Ever since I got the car I'd be careful to stay as far from curbs as possible when pulling in, then just adjusting into the spot using my mirrors.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

is that only in the US never heard of it here
            if we have it i want it tires are not cheap or easy to come by for this car
            i no now
            My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

i couldn't tell you if its just US, sorry bud

Comment

I know that my rims are covered under my insurance..I still have a detuctiable but no matter what they are covered!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

but they can't be covered under things like you accidentally getting too close to a curb and scratching the hell out of them right? It's probably for theft?
                  -Mike #1

Comment

I was under the assumption that they are totally covered... there's still a deductable basically they go under like your collision insurance. It's more for a theft of if you wreck your car... you get your rims replaced!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I got the wheel and tire insurance because there are a million pot holes around here, specially in the city of Trenton. They just started to offer this, so thats why most you weren't asked when you bought your car.

This insurance covers everything, if it gets bent, scratch, nails in tires whatever reason they are fully covered.
                      06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Working...
                      X