Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basslink?

Hey,

I was trying to find the thread on here, but couldn't. Didn't someone say that they had the Basslink and it was kind of crappy?

I am debating getting one or two for the convenience. But I am not going to spend that kind of $$$ if they suck.

I already have some Cerwin Vega 12's with a very high SPL that I have never used. But I would still need an amp and box. plus, I don't know if I want to put that much "Thump" in the G6.

Anyone put one in recently? Love it hate it?[/url][/list][/u]

Mike had a basslink installed, he said it wasnt what he thought it would be in terms of bass. I'd use the 12 in a sealed box and just tone down the power to it, just because you have the ability to thump it out doesnt mean you have to. Turn the gain down on the amp and turn the bass down on the head unit and presto not crazy thumping going on!! You'll still get a nice amount of bass and not rattle the car to much plus by turning the bass some, the mids and highs will be more noticable and not muffled!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

^Yeah it wasn't all that great. There's some talk about in this thread here: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/v...light=basslink
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks,

My friend has one and it sounded o.k., but I thought that was just because he only had one, and his trunk is a nice size. So I can't wait to see what it sounds like when he gets two.

But that is what I thought, the Monsoon system is so strong that it will drown out any weak sound system. Sometimes I have people who ride with me ask if I have something back there.

Guess I will start shopping for an amp now.

Comment

The basslink is not the best bass option, but if you lease or don't want to spend a lot of dough or need something you can yank out real fast to carry more stuff it's a good option. The basslink is very sensitive to how you set it/angle it in the trunk too, more so than larger enclosures. For the money some of the large Bazooka tubes sound better in my book.
          GNNR

Comment

I don't think it's worth it at all if you have the Monsoon system. Trust me, the rear speakers are that good...even if you are leasing the vehicle...you could get a small sub/amp combo that you could actually hear for about the same price as the basslink.
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

probably more so, I had 1 JL 10 and some cheap profile amp in my CRX grantit it was a hatch but it hit really hard!
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Like I said in the other posts about this, I've heard many basslinks in different cars and they just aren't loud for the money. I'd just stick with my Monsoon instead of putting a basslink in there-I think they're crap IMO!
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

It would be fine 10 years ago when car manufacturers put crappy speakers in all their cars. Nowadays, some factory sound systems sound as good as aftermarket ones.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                  X