Radio on working correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio on working correctly.

The 6 Disk CD player in my car is working fine. However, the radio is not working correctly. Stations I normally pick up are not clear and only come in when I am close to the city. Does anyone have any ideas? The antenna is in the windshield correct? Any wires, that might have came lose or something? Thanks for any help.
    2006 G6 Sedan
    Stealth Gray Metallic
    20% Tint, Moonroof, Remote Start, 6 Disc CD, Power petals, Spoiler, Polk Audio Db5250 5.25" Front doors w/tweeters, Polk Audio Db690 6x9" Rear Deck Speakers

Acctually the atten is located in the rear window not the front. That is what I thought also untill I read the manual! I don't think it would be any loose wires might just be a combination of the car and area!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

if your car is tinted, they could have accidentally cut the wire
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Well theres a few factors that could also be the problem. It's possible that a wire could have gotten messed up but I wouldnt think so as most tint places only cut tint on the outside of the car (at least the ones I've been too). But a more likely reason IMO would be the tints just causing bad reception due to the are you live in (I noticed you said its better when your in the city) mines the same way. Somedays its perfect reception and others crappy untill I get closer to the city where the stations broadcast! Did you get a normal tint or a specialty one, because one that has metallic in it can cause reception problems as well!

Comment

Just normal 20% tint. I will check the wires. Any idea of where to look??
          2006 G6 Sedan
          Stealth Gray Metallic
          20% Tint, Moonroof, Remote Start, 6 Disc CD, Power petals, Spoiler, Polk Audio Db5250 5.25" Front doors w/tweeters, Polk Audio Db690 6x9" Rear Deck Speakers

Comment

I sure dont...

Edit: I guess a good place to look would be to fallow the headliner and rear deck. Who knows where they might have ran it tho!

Comment

Ok. I will start there. Thanks for the help... I guess, there has to be a plug somewhere to start from.
              2006 G6 Sedan
              Stealth Gray Metallic

Comment

N/P but like I said, Im doubtful that its a cut wire but anythings possible!

Comment

if the wire was cut would you even get any kind of signal? adn they surely wouldnt cut anything while applying tint, if so they are a sorry shop

some radios/antennas are better than others, prob just lose of signal based on that fact

Comment

Working...
                  X