Squeaks and rattles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaks and rattles

So I have a GTP coupe with a *custom* exhaust setup and 34000 miles. The exhaust has moderately raised the vibration environment in the car, as has the subwoofer.
    The thing I would like to know from other 6er owners is this: has yours developed squeaks and rattles, particularly in the dashboard area and sounding like they're comming from the air vents while driving? I get some strange squeaking and vibration noises at 80 - 105 mph (travel speed on I-75).

Any suggestions as to the source (i.e. whats loose) or how to dampen the noises?

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
    Originally posted by shi-fu
    Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Sounds weird but check your seatbelt for squeeks. Thats where my hella annoying squeek was coming from (heard that from another member when I posted about some squeeks and rattles in my car as well). As w/ the dash...I dont know....havent got there yet :P (I'm trying to de-squeek and de-rattle my interior) hehe
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

i have a sound coming from inside my column, thought it was the keys at first, but def. not.
      -Lucy-
      2006 Silver Gt Coupe
      3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
      sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

I have all the regular noises but I have this one damn squeak and I can't figure out if it's coming from the console or the dash!!!
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
          I have all the regular noises but I have this one damn squeak and I can't figure out if it's coming from the console or the dash!!!
          Do you suppose a can of spray foam would solve our problems?
          Seriously though, it sounded like I had a chipmunk under the hood at 90 mph.

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
          Originally posted by shi-fu
          Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

I would say turn off your radio, and put your windows up. Then see where your noise is coming from. I have some noise in my dash too, its mainly from the cab of the car shifting and flexing. That's whats with my car maybe that helps.
            "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

I drove a Malibu before I bought the 6, that if you drove on the freeway sounded like a zombie was under the hood trying to get out...haha....used cars these days...
              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Working...
              X