How To: Remove Side View Mirror Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Remove Side View Mirror Glass

I cracked the glass on my sideview mirror. Housing, motor, etc. is OK so I just got a replacement glass. How do I get the old, half broken mirror glass off its mount? Putty knife, suction cup, etc. Does the new one just snap in? Anything to be careful about (beyond breaking the new one), etc... Any help w/b appreciated.

i think that its glued on there, i think youd be better off replacing the whole thing
    its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

agreed^^ check out ebay, save the trouble

Comment

there are tons of mirror housings on ebay, I just saw last night!
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Go to a body shop.

I remember when I was young I went with my dad to get his side views replaced. Guy just glued new ones on.

Took all of 20 seconds, a bit of glue and some tape.
          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

i got a new set of mirrors for $20 in ebay when i was getting ready to paint them so if i screwed up i didnt have to put the bad ones on

Comment

I've seen just the mirror glass on ebay also specifically for the G6 if you can figure out how to get it out and the new one in. On other cars I've messed with it's not glued on. There is usually a plastic piece on the back of the glass that fits into the cables or whatever the vehicle has to adjust the glass.
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

the glass just pops out

putting it back in can be kind of a bitch but it will go

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

maybe the glass on ebay popped off when someone totaled their 6. lol maybe thats one way to get it out

Comment

Working...
                  X