30K Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30K Maintenance

Well my car just turned 30K Miles and I need to bring it in to the dealer for a few things before the warranty is up. The dealer informed me that it is due for the 30K maintenance which it ~$500. Does anyone recommend doing this?
    Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

depends on what the maint is??
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I guess I am not sure what is all part of the maint? Does anyone know? Should it say in the owners manual, I thought I looked and it had a 36K maint plan but not a 30K, could there be 2 types of maint, a "car owner" and a GM plan?
      Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

the dealer i work at 30k maintanence is
        oil change
        rotate and balence of tires
        a fuel system treatment(pours into tank)
        rear brake service(for those with drums)
        air filter
        fuel filter(not servicable on the G6)

we also recomend a trans flush then too

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

$500 bucks is crazy. at my shop that will be
          $30 oil change
          $25 tire rotation
          $110 for fuel serivce
          dont do brakes but what do you need service for when its only at 30k
          trans aint due yet but i did mine at 30K and thats $150 at my shop do the math, and i always say fuck the dealer
          its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Originally posted by rollin20s
            $500 bucks is crazy. at my shop that will be
            $110 for fuel serivce
            dont do brakes
            rear brake service is a clean and adjust and the fuel cleaning is just putting injector cleaner in the tank

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

our fuel cleaner is more than just the fuel tank stuff, gotta clean the throttle body and intake and combustion camber

Comment

Originally posted by rollin20s
                our fuel cleaner is more than just the fuel tank stuff, gotta clean the throttle body and intake and combustion camber

yeah we do that too just not with the maintenence package

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                  Aren't the tranny sealed for life and no need to change the fluids ever?
                  There isn't even a dipstick provided to check the tranny fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                    I believe that's with the manuals only. The automatics still need to be changed. That's what I remember from reading my manual, at least.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                    - DS S3 Intake
                    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

the automoatic trans has a fill plug on top the trans under the battery easy to get to. and there is a 12mm bolt on the right side of the trans that you pull out while the car is running and if fluid comes out its full if not then you need to add some. alot of cars dont have trans dipsticks anymore. newer toyota trucks, ford suvs, and some other cars, but they still need to be serviced

Comment

yea they're just as bad as going to a regular oil change place. You go there for an oil change, then the guy comes out and says...hey, you're gonna need this, and that done, and it'll cost you $xxx. A waste imo.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Tru dat. Just do what I ask mr. service guy. So that's why I didn't find a dipstick for trasmission fluid. Easy as an oil change I presume?
                          Racing in a Honda is like the special olympics. If you win you're still retarded.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it's moronic.

Comment

doing the trans on a auto isnt too hard at all i dropped the tranny pan changed the filter and flushed it out in 30 min or so

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                              The auto trans service is at 50k miles. I just had that done. For some reason, the tech decided not to change the filter. I try not to imagine why they decided not to do that.
                              I paid $119.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X