are spring worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are spring worth it?

i know springs add style, look, and handling. but how much comfort are we really sacrificing, i mean suspension-wise, like going over bumps and stuff.. is it going to be a lot worse? noticeably worse?

is it worth it?? esp for a frequent driver..
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

I don't know about everyone else, but the one time I put lowering springs on my last car I took them off the next week cause the ride sucked outrageously!! Now this car has complete different suspension than my last car so I'm not sure if lowering springs would have too much of an impact like my other car. Who knows, I think only 1 person has lowered their car so far.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: are spring worth it?

I put the eibach pro kit in about a week ago, and there's not much of a sacrifice in ride quality. Of course your going to notice some difference but I could not imagine taking the springs out. They lowered the car the perfect amount, and the body roll is no where near as bad.
      Black 07 G6 GTP, DS Stage 3 CAI, Tint (25% on the back and 35% in the front), Eibach pro kit, debadged, redline quicklifts, tinted tails.

Comment

Originally posted by nopigeonz4
        I put the eibach pro kit in about a week ago, and there's not much of a sacrifice in ride quality. Of course your going to notice some difference but I could not imagine taking the springs out. They lowered the car the perfect amount, and the body roll is no where near as bad.
        The more you lower it the worse the ride will get. I think it depends alot on the road conditions you have. Here in Florida, the roads are pretty smooth. I would say for the most part the ride didn't suffer at all. But there are sometimes when you'll hit a bump and it can be a harsh hit. I drive 50 miles a day easy and I have no regrets at all. The ride is sometimes a little bumpier. This isn't a luxury car, you should feel things. With the Eibachs, the body roll is gone, the handling is amazing, and the drop is perfect. I am pretty sure the limit of my cars handling now is past my driving abilitly, so a definete improvement.

Totally worth it, best mod eva!
        Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
        - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
        - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

A n00b that actually searched?

Comment

looking at the info in your profile, u may want to think twice about the springs. I live in brooklyn and work in LI. I have not lowered my 6 yet because the roads in both our neighborhoods are just awful. Right now on stock suspension and 235/45/18 tires if i hit a bump in the road at 60, i can feel it. I can only imagine what these bumps on Belt Pkwy and Cross Island would feel like with a lowered ride. IMHO because the road conditions in our area are bad, at some point lowering would eventually result in faster suspension components wear.
            just my .02 cents

Comment

for a 2 year old "purposeful" revival!!

You will notice a different, but if never made me want to put stockers back in
              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                for a 2 year old "purposeful" revival!!

You will notice a different, but if never made me want to put stockers back in

I didn't even notice the date on the thread.

But:
                Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Personally I wouldn't, just for that reason Plus there are way to many potholes around here I would go down in and they might hit the body if I was lowered.
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

sorry for the revival, but it showed up in my "View new posts" section

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                        sorry for the revival, but it showed up in my "View new posts" section
                        Same here.
                        Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                        http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/...a&hilit=potato

Personally I wouldn't, just for that reason Plus there are way to many potholes around here I would go down in and they might hit the body if I was lowered.
                        Ya that's not the kind of performance driving they were intended for.

Comment

Working...
                        X