Pontiac Performance Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pontiac Performance Magazine

Here's the bs pontiac feeds us, in the new Pontiac Performance magazine I received in the mail today there is an article on the gxp series. They talk about how the gxp series isn't about looks but performance. They say how it isn't about just putting fancy wheels and making the exhaust louder but that's basically what the g6 gxp is with gm's put-it-in-anything 3.6 and a ugly body kit. The GXP series according to them has to have performance yet contradict themselves by releasing the g6 with no new performance upgrades.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Well, the GXP is about performance....

..if you totally forget that the GTP ever existed...

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I read this issue yesterday

"The GXP series isn't about reinventing the wheel," according to Pontiac Product Director Dave Smidebush. "It's about taking the unique style and performance characteristics of each vehicle and moving them to a new level, and doing so at a price point typically far below a comparably performing vehicle."
      I can't wait to see how they're going to price it.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I read it as well. It's fun to watch GM's marketing division try to rewrite history. They act like the 3.6L/A6 GTP never existed, and the whole powertrain is brand new.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Screw all the new engines, 3.6L/3900 ect.... give us back the 3800 series II supercharger motor!
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
            Screw all the new engines, 3.6L/3900 ect.... give us back the 3800 series II supercharger motor!
            Amen!!

Make a Series IV with 300hp and 325lb-ft!!

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

I agree completely! The G6 GXP is a joke. An UGLY joke. IMO you won't be seeing a lot of them on the street.

Now the '06 GTP with 6MT...that's about performance in this vehicle. Mine was a great performer.
              SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
              Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
              CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
              Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                Originally posted by dre256
                Amen!!

Make a Series IV with 300hp and 325lb-ft!!
                that would be mean. The car would kick ALOT of ass and easy to mod. Once modding the 3800 SCer, almost no other V6 out there would out perform it with out like a LS2 V8. Even then it would give the LS2 motor one hell of a run for its money. IMO also the 3800 SC with exhaust sounds MUCH better then the 3900 does. Am not a fan of the 3900 tone but the 3800 SC is VERY close to a V8 tone.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                  I read it as well. It's fun to watch GM's marketing division try to rewrite history. They act like the 3.6L/A6 GTP never existed, and the whole powertrain is brand new.
                  That's marketing for you. This one is targeted towards the people that have no knowledge of the G6's product history. You know what they say, there is one born every minute.

Comment

I stopped reading that Mag when I saw Jakes ugly mug...
                    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

how do you get this magazine?

thanks
                      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

It comes from Pontiac.... You get it free when you buy a car.
                        I think it is quarterly but this last one was a rehash of the previous one.
                        I think they are running out of stuff to say.

MODS:

Comment

I never got one! Dam I know I hammered them on the price of the car. but must of missed that when reviewing the options the car had. lol
                          ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

yaaa...if the dealership didnt like you they wont send that free subscription off for you. Go back and ask them.

You bought it new from a Pontiac Dealership correct??

MODS:

Comment

Dam skippy! I did!

Comment

Working...
                              X