Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NC window tint law SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC window tint law SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't sure where else to put this so I hope this is OK.

I just bought my G6 in Florida. I'm on temporary duty there and didn't want to register in Florida because if I had I would have had to get a Florida insurance policy which is outrageous. So instead I drive back up to NC to get it registered here. And of course in NC you have to get the window tint checked. Well, as you may have guessed, mine failed. I'm allowed 35% and mine is at 25%. So now I have 30 days to get it removed or I could have had it "taken care of" for $80! Kiss my butt!

So now I'm going to see about having it registered in Ohio which is my home of record since I don't have to have the tint inspected there.

Sorry, but I just had to vent. This whole thing just really irritates me. Sure I could have it removed and re-tinted to the legal limit but I don't want my tint that light. Anyways, if you made it this far thanks for listening.

where in NC? i know a guy right by me in charlotte, a friend of mine who owns an inspection shop and will pass anyone i send there.

Comment

Fayetteville

Comment

drive to greensboro, ill get it passed 4 ya
        2006 G6 GT
        Debadged
        20% Window Tint
        Painted molded mudflaps
        DS Stage 4 CAI
        8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
        Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
        Painted Red Calipers

Comment

So it was tinted when you bought it?
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
            So it was tinted when you bought it?
            Yeah but I bought the car used. It's not factory tint. It wouldn't be an issue but NC actually checks the tint when you get the state inspection. Ohio only requires an emissions check. It's my home of record so I'm just going to get it registered there.

I can understand not having limo tint on the windows but it just really irritates me. It's all about NC pulling money to the state in other ways. It costs extra for the state inspection as well if you have window tint. It's a crock!

Comment

Well in Roxboro, NC I cant get away with illegal tint. But in Durham, NC people are driving around with some dark ass tint. It really pisses me off that I cant get away with it.
              "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

Move to my side of town. I could put trashbags over all my windows and no one would care
                = Gone as of 11/16/07

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                Little bunny foo foo hopping through the forest
                Picking up the feild mice and getting splattered by Spazmatic!!!

Comment

i've got 20% all the way around on mine.

some places are more strict than others. you could always try asking another place if they would mind passing your car with the tint on it. i see a ton of vehicles with tint darker than 35%...i never figured people cared.

Comment

short and sweet, small towns care, towns outside cities care, cities not so much. but if you have a friend on the "ins" take it to them to get inspected otherwise if you get pulled over the cop will make you stip it right there before he leaves (of course if that were the reason for you getting pulled over) but NC has actually been trying to pass a law where tint in general was illegal but im sorry but if you know the state laws you probably should have gotten it registered in FL as opposed to NC. im not trying to be rude or anything but you can look and tell if tint will pass or not.

Comment

ok guys heres wat u do, its legal to, wat i did is i went down to my eye doctor and asked her to write me a doctors note for the tints. couple months later got pulled over for the tints and showed the cop the note, he was stunned! he said he never saw it but since i got it he cant write me a ticket or nuthin.
                      good luck

2005 Pontiac G6 GT- K&N C.A.I, 20% Tints in back 35% in front, 5w30 Amsoil, K&N Oil Filter, Drilled and Dimpled rotors, Ceramic brake pads.
                      Future Mods: GT-R Exhaust, Tune, Tinted tail lights, Red interior lights, and more....
                      Theres a reason its called a legandary G6
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2674498

Comment

Originally posted by Legandary G6
                        ok guys heres wat u do, its legal to, wat i did is i went down to my eye doctor and asked her to write me a doctors note for the tints. couple months later got pulled over for the tints and showed the cop the note, he was stunned! he said he never saw it but since i got it he cant write me a ticket or nuthin.
                        good luck

Man thats a first i heard of that.. cops where i live wouldn't even take that as an excuse.. there TOUGH GUYS up here.. right ...
                        2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Yea somebody told me about that. With my luck my doctor would tell me I don't need a licence. LOL
                          "Party Like A Rockstar"

Comment

FAYETTEVILLE!!! i got a ticket there in the 6er not long after i bought it. is it just me or do the cops love to get the out of towners 82 in a 70 down interstate 95 $320 fine what the hell
                            its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

yes you can go to the doctor and get a note saying that you have to have windows tinted cause of you eye sight problems blah blah blah thats old lol but it works but 9 times out of 10 you have to have your eyes examine for other options....

rollin20s: sorry but thats what you get for speeding (and getting caught). youre lucky though, 3 mph more over and they would have charged you with reckless endangerment and they normally take your license on the spot for doing 15 over

and guys need to be gracious that its not virginia.....
                              Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL

Comment

Working...
                              X