Seat comfort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat comfort?

I have the cheapo four door with cloth seats... like the car but where the seats come up on the sides of my ass it starts to hurt the side of my ass after a while.

Is it just me???

Ok, so I'm 6 ft and 245... maybe that has something to do with it.

Elsinore

07 Black Sedan
    05 KTM EXC 300
    04 Yam TTR 125
    95 White Chickstang (wifie's)
    Elsinore

07 Black G6 Sedan
    05 KTM EXC 300
    04 YAM TTR 125
    95 White Chickstang (Wifey's)

Hmm... nothing wrong with mine. Sport bucket seats are supposed to be like that. They hold you middle when you corner. I guess you're used to bench seats?
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I have an 06 GTP with the Leather and Lambo adjust seat, I am 23 6'1 and 165 LBS with no back problems and after awhile like 100miles stright my lower back hurts me from time to time. The seats arent that comfortable IMO, most people here love the seats but not me. Came across my mind a few times to looking into trading my G6 but havent as I love rest of the car. I went to a good re-polstry shop and they looked and as there sport like seats theres not much they can do with adding any pading. And I know its the G6 as for my job I have to drive sometime 8+ hours a doy 400+ miles and my GMC Savana IMO has a much nicer softer/ comforatble seat.

Its not just you
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I'm 6'6" and 295 and the seats are fine for me. Nothing to write home about, but they're certainly not uncomfortable for me. Then again, even at my size, I'm more comfortable as a passenger in my friend's Acura RSX-S than I am in my wife's Rendezvous. Both have leather, one of 2 options I wish I got on my 6er (the other being ABS).

Comment

Well thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I've purchased a couple of small foam seat pads (the type for plastic lawn furniture) and they give my tiny heiny just enough lift for long trips.

Toni, you have a good point about not being usd to the seats... I've switched from a bench seat crown victoria to the G6. Maybe my posterior has to be acclimatized...
          Elsinore

07 Black G6 Sedan
          05 KTM EXC 300
          04 YAM TTR 125

Comment

^I'm sure it will, you should find these seats even the cloth ones confortable as hell once you get use to them!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Re: geez my ass hurts...

Well, I just did a 2000km trip. Seats were great...
              Elsinore

07 Black G6 Sedan
              05 KTM EXC 300
              04 YAM TTR 125

Comment

Holy thread revival
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

The title could probably use altering....

Comment

Re: Seat comfort?

What you mean?

I think the seats are pretty good.

Comment

Re: Seat comfort?

Comment

Working...
                      X