CAI & Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI & Exhaust

Hey! Just got my stage 3 installed yesterday (finally).... LOVE IT!!!

This is the first automatic I've ever had & I hated the way it stalled in the shifts and passing.... Problem solved!

I went to talk to my exhaust dude today - he suggests running a straight pipe from the resonater to the back, ditch the muffler, run dual tips & replace the lower bumper to accomodate the duals... He says $250 (he supposed to be a friend...)... Is this good? Or is there something even better to do?? (Mind you I still don't want to completely void my warranty yet!!)

Thanks for the help!!!

Re: CAI & Exhaust

Originally posted by schenko
    Hey! Just got my stage 3 installed yesterday (finally).... LOVE IT!!!

This is the first automatic I've ever had & I hated the way it stalled in the shifts and passing.... Problem solved!

I went to talk to my exhaust dude today - he suggests running a straight pipe from the resonater to the back, ditch the muffler, run dual tips & replace the lower bumper to accomodate the duals... He says $250 (he supposed to be a friend...)... Is this good? Or is there something even better to do?? (Mind you I still don't want to completely void my warranty yet!!)

Thanks for the help!!!
    hey i did the straight pipe with no res but had a muffler on it. it was to loud and it sounded like a stupid v6 camaro. so i added a res and it sounds alot better. go with the twin tip looks really clean. and 250 is not a bad price at all. i paid 400 total for mine(2.5" to a dual 2" exit with 4" tips)

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

can u post a sound clip of it
      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

when i get my cam back i will try and post a sound clip

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

What type of resonator and muffler did you end up using?
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
              What type of resonator and muffler did you end up using?
              i believe the res in magnaflow and the muffler(2.5"single inlet dual 2" exit) is a magnaflow(what seires i have no clue)

Comment

part numbers are good
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Those 4" tips look like they fit nicely....I always though 3" would be big enough but maybe not...
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                  X