how to : remove vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to : remove vents

With the vanes of the vent open, insert a small tool into the deflector and release the air outlet deflector tabs.

then pull it out

instalation is reverse of removal

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Thanks for the diagram. How easy are those tabs to break?
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

^damn that is one hell of a diagram, nice work!!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Hell yea. This is great. Itll help Elbows-High do the measurments for the gauge pods on my car cuz I have no clue how to get those things out. I probably woulda taken the whole dash off.

Comment

So I just got mine out.

Well, the one I'm working on.

I had to first remove the vent flaps and then use two smaller precision flat head screw drivers to lift each flap.

Those tabs are actually pretty good -n- solid. You'd have to be prying on them pretty hard to snap one.

Also, you need to turn the whole vent in a clockwise motion first. Once you do that, it'll come out about a half inch, then undo the clips.
          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
            So I just got mine out.

Well, the one I'm working on.

I had to first remove the vent flaps and then use two smaller precision flat head screw drivers to lift each flap.

Those tabs are actually pretty good -n- solid. You'd have to be prying on them pretty hard to snap one.

Also, you need to turn the whole vent in a clockwise motion first. Once you do that, it'll come out about a half inch, then undo the clips.
            Where's the pics Mr. Photo?
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

i was too rushed.....

in reality, it isn't that hard.

You need to turn it clockwise till it comes lose, push a screw driver in and pop one of those clips up. Use another screw driver to lever the clip up all the way, then pull it out. Do the same for the other two.

I only found out once i went to put it back in place that it needs to be turned lol..... Would of been way easier had I known that to start.

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

It'd be easier if you weren't tipping back the pints as you were doing it you silly newfie.

j/k

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

lol.
                  you turd.

Pints are for sissys. 4 gallon jugs are where it's at now.

Comment

crazy Newfies.

Comment

Working...
                    X