Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches?

What do you guys do for scratches?

Ive noticed a few little scratches and a few that are deeper from before I got the car. I would like to do something about these, what do you guys recommend?

Well if you run your fingernail over them and it gets caught, you're pretty much screwed. But if not, wax the area and you may get lucky.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

ScratchX works pretty good too, just make sure you rub it in good and also might take a couple tries to get it right

Comment

Yeah if it's a small area use ScratchX, it works great but you will need to work it in at least 3 times. Rub against the scratch the first couple of times and make sure to use a nice terry cloth or microfiber. A terry cloth will have more bite thus work faster though.

And yeah like said if you can catch your fingernail in it pretty good, chances are it can't be polished out unless you do some touchup work.

Comment

I just got some from a piece of shit cat laying all over my car at work then scratched the hell out of it above the passenger window!!! I'll try the scratch-x.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Just remember Scratch-x isn't like a wax that you wipe on and wipe off, you have to work it into or against the paint.

Comment

^ yep cats here FTW hahaha.....thanks!
              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

I have a question where do you get the wet sanding stuff I need to fix up some paint chip, scratches. Does Homedepot carrier these stuff I am also looking for a very fine paint brush. Any suggestion would appreciated

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

auto supply stores are your first bet. Wet sanding is done with 1500 grit and up sandpaper progressively

Comment

i have to ask another noob question when you sand do you sand it wet or dry? that is with water right? sorry for the dumb question my first time

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

You want to use water. Soak your sand paper and sanding block. Also helps if you use a spray bottle and spray the part of the car you are going to be sanding. Keep the area wet. Be very careful.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                        You want to use water. Soak your sand paper and sanding block. Also helps if you use a spray bottle and spray the part of the car you are going to be sanding. Keep the area wet. Be very careful.
                        wat if i got no spray bottle ? I guess i have wet the thing and sand it.

Comment

You really should get a spray bottle to do it with, and put some car soap in there for lubrication... go slowly and apply even pressure it doesn't take much at all to burn through the CC and even paint so be careful.

If you've never done this before, use at least 2000 grit... I'd even tell you to use 2500 as a minimum.

Comment

Post a photo of a spot you want to repair. Listen to Interfire, and don't use any paper less than 2000 grit. It needs to be soaked.You need some kind of sanding block to prevent concentrating on one small area and rubbing through the clear coat.
                            If you don't have a spray bottle ( 2.00 @ Walmart ), use a rag that is wet and drizzle the water on there as you sand. Little at a time, check you work.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

fuck back to Canadian TIre tomorrow....i brought some sand paper looks like a return it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X