Cost of G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of G6

Been reading through threads from newbies just for the heck of it and am agog at the prices being quoted as paid--very low $20's for loaded GT's for one example.
    Here in Ontario anyway, that low a price seems an impossibiity as, for example, the local dealer has a group of the base model G6 with four cylinders and one option package and the list price exceeds $28k!
    Has anyone in Canada gotten a good deal on say a GTP? I know what I paid for my 06 GTP and don't consider it a special deal in any sense. Maybe explains why there are so few on the roads.
    GTP driver
    G. Stephen Day

Even factored-in the high Canadian dollar exchange rate, car prices in Canada are still disproportionately higher than the US.

Comment

gotta pay for that health care somehow....
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Re: Cost of G6

Originally posted by GTPdriver
        Been reading through threads from newbies just for the heck of it and am agog at the prices being quoted as paid--very low $20's for loaded GT's for one example.
        Here in Ontario anyway, that low a price seems an impossibiity as, for example, the local dealer has a group of the base model G6 with four cylinders and one option package and the list price exceeds $28k!
        Has anyone in Canada gotten a good deal on say a GTP? I know what I paid for my 06 GTP and don't consider it a special deal in any sense. Maybe explains why there are so few on the roads.
        GTP driver
        Did you pay anywhere near the $36k that I paid?

I totally agree with you on all of your points.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
          gotta pay for that health care somehow....
          F that! Our taxes pay for the health care here. We shouldn't be paying for the health care of the American workers in a disproportionate amount compared to American consumers.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Why not? Sounds good to me.

MODS:

Comment

Basically regardless of economics, car companies will charge as much as the market will bear.

http://www.drivingtelevision.com/CarRev ... php?ccID=2

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                Even factored-in the high Canadian dollar exchange rate, car prices in Canada are still disproportionately higher than the US.
                Actually we're getting double raped because of the exchange rate. Our dollar is as close to even to the US dollar as it's been in the last 30 years and we still pay a significant premium on cars compared to Americans.

Canadian MSRP for base G6 - $23,230

American MSRP - $17,895

That's close to a 1.3 exchange rate, not 1.06 or 1.07.

Comment

yaaa but yall get paid more than us.

MODS:

Comment

I don't even want to know the price now and you don't want to know how much I financed, we're all better off not knowing anymore.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^true

Comment

Bah, looking at GM Canada's website, the Grand Prix GXP is $400 more than the G6 GTP.

The G6 is the second most expensive mid-sized car that GM sells if you totally option it out.

*excludes Cadillac/Saab

sigpic

Comment

^ thats BS...I'd rather have a GXP
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

No no, Canadian G6s are faster. They hit max speed of 240 instead of the usual 140.
                            <-- Gray G6? Click!
                            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

^
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X