Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested in sound proofing/Dynamat

http://www.jm.com/roofing_systems/built ... RS4060.pdf

Also known as Ice Guard. Can be had at home Depot for 70 bucks a roll (a roll being 100 feet by 40 inches)... FAR CHEAPER than Dynamat and just as effective. It's approximately the same weight, has the same sound deadening qualities and is better at dampening vibrations across large panel spans, is equally adhesive.

It does have to be 'flashed'... ie leaving it out exposed with out the interior pieces put back in place for 24 hours so that the asphalt odor evaporates off (but so do many sound deadeners sould as audio solutions like Dynamat)... best installed on a warm summer day or in a warm garage and left to air for 24 hours basically.

it's an options... opinions vary of course.
    GNNR

yeah i have never used Dynamat, like you said you are just buying the name. i have tried FatMat and that stuff works awesome. i will have to check out ice guard though. i have also heard awesome things about eDead though i have never used it myself. supposedly eDead V1 SE is the same as Dynamat Extreme.

Comment

i used that stuff & did my hole trunk of my 2002 cougar & still have tons left good stuff easy to work with
      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

I used a $200 box of dynomat allready and I need more. It only covered 32sq ft ! Does it have a really bad smell for a day or is it tollerable to live with for only one day? I am gonna look for this at our Lowes for sure. We dont have a HomeDepot in Beaufort, SC.

L8R,
        Sterling
        2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
        http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
        USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

I mentioned this before in another Dynamat-related thread and I'll bring it up again here hopefully to save people some money.

These sound-deadening materials are just as effective if used in small strategically placed quantities compared to covering the entire surface. For example: one of the members of this site covered every square inch of his trunk lid with Dynamat. Not only does it now look like a baked potato wrapped in tinfoil, but it's also extremely expensive. If he had cut it into 12" x 12" squares and strategically placed them it would've been less noticeable, saved money, and been probably just as effective.

Just some food for thought!
          -Kevin
          2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
          2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

yes that is a good point, but it also doesnt keep all the sound in and therefore rids some of the tone you are wanting to keep, placing it will rid of rattles, but doesnt dampen outside noise and everything

Comment

Errr, I could be wrong on this, but Dynamat doesn't "keep tones in", it absorbs them.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yeh, i just meant keeping them in from metal or whatever on car, that way no rattle occurs

Comment

that stuff the first guy mentioned is also called tar paper is a comon rooffing material they always use it on roofs under shingles here in the midwest
                  Jason-

Comment

dynomat

Watch the roofing materials you get at home depot, etc. When they heat up to extream heats, they give off poisoness gasses, not good.. So I suggest doing your research b4 you buy lots of this stuff!
                    '06 G6 GT Coup, Fusion Orange, 5spd auto w 4 spd manual slap, 50% Tint front 80% rear...... more to come!

Comment

Theres a company that makes a dynamat alternative that is very easy on the wallet. Stuff is called brownbread and is very very good stuff. Exactly like dynamat without the logo.

Enhance your space with our innovative soundproofing solutions for a quieter and more enjoyable environment in Denver. Contact us for inquiries.

Comment

Checked out B-Quiet seems to be very compelling. I am interested to hear if anyone else has used this product and how well it works. Along with knowing if anyone had a shop install it or if everyone just did it themselves. I am weary about removing everything from the car myself.

Ben
                        05 3.5 ::: Put it under the hood.

Comment

Working...
                        X