R.I.P. G6 GXP - November 1, 2006 - June 29, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. G6 GXP - November 1, 2006 - June 29, 2007

Just to mourn the death of the real G6 GXP, which was killed by a ricer G6 posessed by Bugs Bunny who claims to be G6 GXP.
    Here are the colours in which it would've looked like if it entered production.

Black:

Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic:

Crimson Red:

Electric Blue Metallic:

Emerald Green Metallic:

Granite Metallic:

Ivory White:

Liquid Silver Metallic:

Sedona Beige Metallic (I don't really like this colour on the G6, but it turned out surprisingly good):

Stealth Gray Metallic (My pick, obviously):

Obituary (Quoted from Edmunds):
    With the G6 just now making its way to the streets, Pontiac rolled out a high-performance GXP concept to see just how far it could stretch the performance envelope of its new midsize sedan. With only 200 horsepower available in the stock version, Pontiac figured the engine bay was a good place to start. In place of the standard 3.5-liter V6, the G6 GXP gets a 3.6-liter V6 that cranks out 275 hp. The bigger V6 breathes through a cat-back performance exhaust system and sends its power through a six-speed manual transmission. The suspension is slightly lower than stock and makes use of Bilstein shocks and 18-inch wheels and tires to keep the body under control. The body itself is adorned with new front and rear fascias and a chrome grille trim that's a signature element of the GXP lineup.
    Yes, GM, I hate you. I like you for creating the G6, but I hate you for bastardizing and killing it. Everything on this GXP was doable with some tweaks and minor production changes, yet you decide to cheap out and rename the GTP and give it a POS body kit.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

I'm confused...I've never seen that front bumper before ???
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

This was the original article. The car was a show car for 2005 SEMA.
      http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/ar ... ge018.html
      <-- Gray G6? Click!
      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

oh yea haha forgot about that. I remember a different picture of the GXP sedan. Ah well. The G8 will carry on the squared-off upper grilles.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

a little part of me just died... that's how my sedan should have looked...
          Steve C.
          1991 Red Dodge IROC Daytona - RIP 1991-2006
          2000 Blue Grand AM SE2 Coupe - RIP 2004-2011
          2006 White G6 GTP 6MT Sedan

Comment

i love the front
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

Ditto. That front is sweet.

Comment

you guys can buy the front bumper, it will bolt up. its just a bumper update :P
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I just hope someone will make that body kit.

I really love that rally car feel it adds to the sedan.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                    I just hope someone will make that body kit.

I really love that rally car feel it adds to the sedan.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                    - DS S3 Intake
                    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

True... the sedans need all the help they can get.

Not sure how I feel about that front bumper, at first glance I thought it looked awesome but after looking at it for a while it starts to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                        True... the sedans need all the help they can get.

Not sure how I feel about that front bumper, at first glance I thought it looked awesome but after looking at it for a while it starts to die.
                        I agree...the scoops around the foglights don't do it for me.

Comment

Stop picking on sedans! The original G6 WAS a sedan in the first place and then spawned the coupe.

Back to the GXP: I think those front scoops are functional.
                          <-- Gray G6? Click!

Comment

you should email gm this thread just to piss them off and show them how much support they WOULD have for their product if they made the GXP decent and not a waste of money.
                            '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

They aren't going to care about a handful of people on a forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X