How-To Amp Power Wire location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Amp Power Wire location

Alright, i have seen numerous post about the location of an aftermarket amp power wire through the firewall. I apologize that this is not more detailed but i am on a time limit here. (Girlfriend) I think i have the basics listed here to the point that you will be heading in the right direction if you feel comfortable with drilling into your new G6. Once again this is my first how-to-do, so i apologize if some of it is hard to understand. Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have. I hope to be able to work on my car next monday night to complete the amp install if she allows

Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Wow that is a great write-up!

So you actually have to remove that plastic cover under the dash to see the hood release cable...I never did that. What is that box you speak of that the wire circled in yellow is for? I didn't have any wires coming through that hole in my car.

I don't have a drill bit like that, but I do have a small hole-saw a little bigger than the size of quarter, so I may use that.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

to be honest i have no idea what that box is for. I have an 05 gt auto. I will have to look into it when i get a chance.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Hey thats a nice write up, im planning on running some wires through for other lights ill be installing, but at least this gives me a heads up or idea where to run the wires.
        06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

what is that part with all the rust on it
          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

Originally posted by ginuwine
            what is that part with all the rust on it
            LOL, that's what I was gonna ask.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Hi , my cousin got a g6 but he leased it . He wants to put amp and subs in the car but from what I"m seeing , you have to drill a whole. Is there a way to do it w/o drilling one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Adi_Adrian01
                Hi , my cousin got a g6 but he leased it . He wants to put amp and subs in the car but from what I"m seeing , you have to drill a whole. Is there a way to do it w/o drilling one ?
                the hole is to run the power wire from the battery to the amp. unless you can find a pre-existing hole in the firewall to run the power wire through than you are probably out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Adi_Adrian01

No one's gonna notice a little hole, just cover it up
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                  GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Yeah just drill the hole, no sense to worry over that little of a thing.

Comment

Mine is a big hole but still no one would ever look to see if there is a hole under the dash. They would have to pop panels and stuff. Just do it and get it over with.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

^^Joey i heard that about you j/k ofcourse

I never leased a car so im not sure how detailed they get when you take it back in. But i would assume Joey is correct. That if you put it in the location as this thread explains it will be behind a plastic panel that would have to be pulled to see it. I wouldnt worry about it.
                        :smoke:

Comment

Man everyone is talking about loving my box and the size of my hole. lol
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                            Man everyone is talking about loving my box and the size of my hole. lol
                            That's scary. Not them loving it, but you havin one.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                              Yeah just drill the hole, no sense to worry over that little of a thing.
                              Oh I don't care about the little holle because I know i can cover it up. But he's car is a lease so he's worried about it . Tks for your help .

Comment

Working...
                              X