Di-electric silicone seal preserver stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di-electric silicone seal preserver stuff

In our owners manual under the maintenance section it talks about using di-electric grease to lubricate and condition the rubber door seals. I bought some and i havent put it on yet but i tried it on a little part and it seems to soak into it really well and makes the rubber soft and shiny. Does anyone else do this? is it necessary?
    '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

I use silicon emulsion instead and I like it.

Comment

how often do you put it on? and how do you put it on?
      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

It comes with a brush applicator so you just brush it on and let it dry, then you can buff it after if it happens to need it... usually just when you put a too much on.

I put it on about every 3 months. More in the summer though I'd say about 1-2 months.

Comment

ah ok. ill just use a rag since mine didnt come with anything to put it on with
          '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

You could use a small paintbrush, or yeah just a soft clean rag works as well.

Comment

I thought it's part of the semi-annual?
              <-- Gray G6? Click!
              2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
              2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
              Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

The silicon emulsion works pretty good for the coupes in winter. Helps keep the windows from freezing shut so they can still index.

Comment

ive got dielectric grease on mine

for the verts it eliminates an "itching" noise the windows make when there all the way up

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I used

Silicone OIL

Clear and easier to apply. I udes on my 240sx door rubber and moonroof gaskets. No leaks or fading.

I got mine from a copier shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X