07 Vert wins Car and Driver comparo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Vert wins Car and Driver comparo

The latest Car and Driver pits a new Sebring against a Mustang and a G6.

The 6er won by a good margin. They didn't like the interior appointments nor the torque steer.

I have not heard any mention of torque steer on the board. Any of you 3.9L folks have an issue with torque steer?

Nice, go G6! :smoke:

I can't understand for the life of me how Road & Track picked the Mustang vert over the G6 vert

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

The fact they complain about torque steer makes it void

Comment

my 3.5 vert has torque steer but i can live with it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

There are a couple threads about the torque steer on our car.

Mine was massive...... not as bad with the strutbar, but a FWD 230ish hp hardtop....... what do ya expect?
          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

I get lots of torque steer. I'm strong enough to keep it from getting away on me though.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

hey where did th esebring finish in those??

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Probably last...

Comment

If you ever see a Sebring in anything other than last, you know the article is

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                    Nice, go G6! :smoke:

I can't understand for the life of me how Road & Track picked the Mustang vert over the G6 vert
                    I could see them picking the Stang GT Vert over the G6, but not the v6.
                    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                    (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                    (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

finally some good publicity for the 6
                      '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

Originally posted by G6cpM6
                        finally some good publicity for the 6
                        What, Oprah wasn't good publicity?

Comment

The Sebring was last. They ran the mid level V-6 (2.7L) with the cloth top. The 6er had the 3.9. Not sure if it would have won with the 3.5L.

My vert has not exhibited torque steer (3.5L). Maybe it does and I just go with the flow since my Saab had torque steer. Good thing that it also had stability control or it would have been in a couple of wrecks. Boy that car had some guts.

Comment

Way to go VERT's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

hmm I can't find the comparison you are talking about...

Comment

Working...
                              X