Got XM Satelite radio back - maybe it is worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got XM Satelite radio back - maybe it is worth it

Well once the XM satelite radio free 3 months ended I had decided it wasn't worth it...I was going to get the IPOD installed in the car. Several months later I still haven't done that and on thinking about it I like to listen to new songs all the time and really hate downloading - sooooo needless to say with the 50% off for a year and one month free deal I decided to go for it. I guess a year is a good enough amount of time to decide to upgrade the radio system or not.

Plus I hate explaining what the XM antenna is on the car and not actually having XM - LOL

Re: Got XM Satelite radio back - maybe it is worth it

Originally posted by ratskat
    Well once the XM satelite radio free 3 months ended I had decided it wasn't worth it...I was going to get the IPOD installed in the car. Several months later I still haven't done that and on thinking about it I like to listen to new songs all the time and really hate downloading - sooooo needless to say with the 50% off for a year and one month free deal I decided to go for it. I guess a year is a good enough amount of time to decide to upgrade the radio system or not.

Plus I hate explaining what the XM antenna is on the car and not actually having XM - LOL
    Sweet. I love my XM and will probably never do without it.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Even if you upgrade your radio you can still keep your xm subscription to use on your new system.

Comment

Sirius radio is 100x better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrybeav
          This isn't an XM vs. Sirius thread, thanks.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
            Even if you upgrade your radio you can still keep your xm subscription to use on your new system.
            Yeah not what I meant...I mean I am thinking of getting the double din dash system....but that is a way off - at that time I will have ipod integrated but until I am willing to spend that money XM suits me fine

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              Originally posted by jerrybeav
              This isn't an XM vs. Sirius thread, thanks.
              You tell em!!!!

Comment

I've been thinking of renewing the XM on the fiance's car, as a surprise birthday thing. I need to get some kind of ID off the radio, right?

Comment

If it's the first time activating it then yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    I've been thinking of renewing the XM on the fiance's car, as a surprise birthday thing. I need to get some kind of ID off the radio, right?
                    Yeah if you press her XM radio station where they usually were - whatever band it is on -oh if she has DIC it will go across the screen - me they sent me a card with the special deal....tell them you know someone who got a promo and you want it too...they should be able to give it to you. In case they insist the promo code I had was 1215550 - give that a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                      Yes, you get the radio is by tuning to channel 0 or 1. It's the one that explains all things XM though.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

You'll enjoy your XM radio. I like mine especially around hockey season. I love channel 46 (classic rock station). the 80's and 90's channel is ok, but there's plenty of variety. If you have the radio option in your car why not use it? That offer of 50% off and one month free is pretty dang good. I'm a dealer for XM and Sirrius and those rates are as good as the employee purchase plans!

I dont have the OEM XM in our car, I have to bring my MYFI portable into the car.
                        2006 G6 GTP Coupe, (46) Stealth Gray Metallic, Stock, painted calipers, 20K. (Hers)
                        2000 Bonneville SSEi, Arctic White, "Coupala Mods". (His)
                        1994 Bonneville SSEi, Stock, 252K "Alive and still Kicken". (for the Kids)

Comment

i want XM! can i have it installed on my monsoon deck with 6disc?
                          -Lucy-
                          2006 Silver Gt Coupe
                          3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
                          sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

Originally posted by kgeier82
                            i want XM! can i have it installed on my monsoon deck with 6disc?
                            If your OEM radio isn't XM you would have to replace the entire radio as it's built into the head unit.

However there's lots of Delphi XM radios available that are XM and can easily mount in your car much like a GPS and tune through an FM modulator (uses FM station on your In-dash radio to recieve signals from your XM radio) thus playing it through your Monsoon sound system. XM radios sell for about $50-100 CDN and service is $15/month.
                            It sure beats listening to a bunch of radio DJ's laughing all the time at their own sick jokes!
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe, (46) Stealth Gray Metallic, Stock, painted calipers, 20K. (Hers)
                            2000 Bonneville SSEi, Arctic White, "Coupala Mods". (His)
                            1994 Bonneville SSEi, Stock, 252K "Alive and still Kicken". (for the Kids)

Comment

i love my XM

Comment

Working...
                              X