aftermarket remote starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket remote starter

i got an auto starter put in my car at a place near my house by a guy i semi-knew. now i dont know a ton about cars, but i assumed that if you take your car to a business that it would be done right.. not the case.

when i turn the key to the start position it doesnt start, the lights inside blink but it sits there. it will only start if i push the key all the way twice. if i put the key to the accessory position the car starts up. if i push the key forward from the accessory position once the car is started it stalls out and restarts itself about 4 seconds later. ha.. than if i actually use the auto car starter and get in my car, the security system light never shuts off, and when i put the car into park the lights on the dash shut off than turn back on.

i took it back to the guy and he said there was nothing he can do.. nice huh. my gas light also doesnt turn on anymore when im getting low fuel.

Holy shit, so he works at a business?? If so you can MAKE them pay for the repairs. Sounds like he seriously screwed up the wiring to the switch.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

sounds like starting your car has turned into quite an adventure
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yea its stupid. my parents both got starters from there and theyre cars are fine. so i went there too.. he said the g6 was a pain to do the wiring and he had problems wit it so it took him like 3 days to get it done. something like he kept getting lockd out of the system in my car or something.

he should have just admitted hes stupid n i would have went elsewhere. only thing that bothers me is i just bought the car in october n its already messd up.

Comment

It sounds as though he didnt check for the right ignition wires, I would def have him remove the system, get your money back and you can probably get one from the dealer installed for under $200 and it should be covered under warrenty, but make sure you tell the guy that did it to make it seem like he was never there, that is... if its possible for him to remove it or should I say if he wants to now!!!
          Originally posted by Toyz
          Originally posted by simplyred
          what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
          As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeh defn some messed up wiring. Some else had this done or an alarm and they said it took about 2 days and that it was hardest that shop had worked on. but if he is in a business then he has to pay to fix it, if he has any kind of warranty or anything

sucks, sorry to hear that

Comment

They should be able to fix it for nothing, otherwise they should be able to unitstall it. It would def. be better to go through the dealership because itll be covered under warrenty. It sounds that the guy just kinda thru it together and didn't really know what he was doing. Your right though he should have admitted that he didn't know what he was doing and not even bother. Good luck with whatever happens.
              06' G6 GT SEDAN,LIQUID SILVER,35%TINT, HARDWIRE RADAR,REMOTE START,PAN. SUNROOF,NOKYA HEADLIGHT AND FOG BULBS,BLUE REVERSE LIGHTS,HID ON THERE WAY,SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED

Comment

Working...
              X