Door jams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door jams

What's the best way to clean the door jams without drenching the interior of the car?

I ususally just wipe them down with a damp rag. Sometimes the grease becomes a problem though, it will get all over the rag and smear or if your washing it with soap and water and a mitt it will ruin the wash mitt.
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

i wipe it down with a rag than i use a small damp sponge around the hinges.

Comment

Yeah a rag works, just tends to scratch the paint (not that it's a big deal in the door jambs)

Comment

I've never done it, but wax them maybe?
          2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

why would you wax your door jams? i whipe mine down everytime i wash my car. and they are never any dirtier than a little bit of dust
            its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Comment

Originally posted by rollin20s
              why would you wax your door jams?
              To keep them nice and shiny

I have never waxed my door jams I wipe them down too, just a suggestion. Jnak is saying when he wipes them down with a rag it sometimes scratches the paint.
              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Wet sponge to clean them.
                Dry with a towel
                wax with a wet sponge
                wipe off with a towel.

Only thing i do different with the door jam then the outside of the vehicle is i dont hose it off. I use a wet sponge to wipe the dirt and soap away.

You could also just clean it with windex or something similar.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I use the auto spray wax and then wipe off with dry cloth. works fantastic

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Detailing spray and a microfiber.

Comment

dry your car off w/ your towel, then wipe out the door jams with your already damp towel
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

^^ thats all i do 9 out of 10 washes. every now and then i actually scrub it and wax it. i do it just because i think that area of the car is very unique on our cars with the aluminum trim piece that says G6. I like to keep it nice, it kinda highlights the interior.
                        '06 GTP w/ 3 pedals

Comment

I usually leave the wax on the inner door (when the door meets the fender)

Just for extra protection against rust and water deposits. As for the visible part, regular wax and water sprayer to remove soil.

Comment

Quik Detailer...
                            Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                            X