Engine cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cutting out

Ok I am really getting sick of this. I have almost gotten hit about 3 times now trying to pull out into traffic. This only happens when I am turning, but when I floor it to get out into traffic, by car will go for a second, stall a bit then catch. This NEVER happens except when I am turning. Any ideas? It's worse than the normal lag you get when pressing the gas. Is there a way to make the lag disappear altogether?
    "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

6 speed or auto?

Maybe the tranny is trying to find the right gear and hesitates (if auto).

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Re: Engine cutting out

Originally posted by adrenaline_junkie75
      Ok I am really getting sick of this. I have almost gotten hit about 3 times now trying to pull out into traffic. This only happens when I am turning, but when I floor it to get out into traffic, by car will go for a second, stall a bit then catch. This NEVER happens except when I am turning. Any ideas? It's worse than the normal lag you get when pressing the gas. Is there a way to make the lag disappear altogether?
      Based only on what you have described, it sounds like the fuel is not being picked up properly in the tank. How much gas do you have in the tank when this happens ? Running around on low fuel can cause this. Also running around on low fuel tends to over heat the fuel pump located inside the tank, and will shorten the pumps life.

Comment

what about the Electric Assist Steering putting to much strain on the system?? I know that if its night and I have everything going and turn the wheel while not moving, the lights dim like hell...
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I have the auto, and it happens when I have a range of fuel. From full to not so full. It's becoming a real safety issue. Should I take her in?
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

mine does this too every now and then...i took it in once and they checked it out and said it had to do with the traction control. they test drove other G6's on the lot and said they did the same thing. so i usually turn off traction control if im flooring it and i have never had the cutting out problem when doing so.
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Thats a crock of shit though, you shouldn't have to turn TC off just to floor it. Make them fix SOMETHING!!
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yea i know, i tried, but they said it's normal
                -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

yeah.. about a normal as tits on a bowl...

Comment

hmmm, no way that should happen and it cant be normal

make them fix it, i dont have this problem and i have the auto

Comment

In another forum that I joined first they had posts upon posts about a steering wheel lock up and it was something I had never come close to happening to me... this is one of those things. I have about 8,300 miles on my car and **knock on wood** havent had any problems!!

Comment

I have had the same instances. Our cars do not like pulling out from a stop full throttle and the wheels turned. I have even noticed it with the TC turned off. I have found that if you do not mash the pedal from the get go it does not do it. Just give it a sec or 2 under light acceleration, then mash it. Works much better. It feels like the tranny is not sure what gear it wants to be in.
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I think i figured out what it is. I have taken notice that we have a rev limiter that kicks in around 3000 rpm when you are not in motion (in park or nuetral). This also takes affect when the tires are spinning, such as laying a patch or in wet conditions, even with the tc turned off. My car does this sometimes. And sometimes i can lay a patch of rubber. The only difference i can possibly recall is if the wheel is turned or not. I think you can thank Gm for there safety awareness for your problem. Now it is time to figure away around this problem
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

The GTPs don't have electric assist steering, so steering lock-ups don't occur in them.
                            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

The steering isn't locking up, it's the engine.
                              "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Working...
                              X