Custom fit Luggage for Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom fit Luggage for Convertible

As all of you know that have a convertible, traveling with luggage and the top down can be a challange. I had a Miata a few years ago and found soft sided luggage that was custom fit to the trunk.
    I would love to find the same thing for the G6 for top down traveling. Has anyone see anything of have any good sources to have it custom made?
    Thanks
    Steve
    2007 G6 GT Convertible in Granite

I've honestly been debating removing the rear spare since we recently signed up with AAA. As it is now, when we have our son with us, we travel with the top up on the highways and just drop it after we get where we're going, but I would like to have other options.

Comment

I have thought about that too. The only downside is that even with AAA, you may still need to get from point A to point B, and as bad as it is, the spare is useful for that.

BTW, we are neighbors. I am in Lawrenceville, GA.

Comment

I haven't had to do an overnighter with the vert, yet. Got one planned coming up soon. My thinking was to use multiple garments bags. Since they would open and lay flat below the cover. Custom= $$$$ that I don't have laying around

Comment

so far only long distance we have done (other then an hour or so) has been with the roof up so had the trunk available...on the short distances we were only two so putting things in the back seat was all we did...unsure about a longer trip with the top down...garment bags are a good idea though

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS
            I have thought about that too. The only downside is that even with AAA, you may still need to get from point A to point B, and as bad as it is, the spare is useful for that.

BTW, we are neighbors. I am in Lawrenceville, GA.
            Very cool! Didn't even notice that when I replied. Did a trip to Charleston alone last month and with the top down, car did beautiful down I-20 and I-26. If it got windy, just put the windows up and turned the AC on. Loved the trip.

I've also thought about the multiple garment bag idea and think we're going to try that this time.

Comment

clothes? Just wear everything you need all at once.

9 pairs of underwear, 10 pairs of socks, 6 tshirts, 4 shirts, 1 sweater, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of dress pants....... and put your condom on ahead of time.

All at once... save a load of space!
              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle

9 pairs of underwear, 10 pairs of socks, 6 tshirts, 4 shirts, 1 sweater, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 pair of dress pants....... and put your condom on ahead of time.

Or save space and skip the underwear and condom

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                  Originally posted by colinpeddle

Or save space and skip the underwear and condom
                  Way to change the subject there. Could just buy a luggage rack?
                  Dont BOV or your going to cause a boost spike and leak blinker fluid causing you to lock up your muffler bearings.
                  Eric # whatever
                  newbiestyle:
                  holy shiatfcuk its heebs!!

Comment

Just buy a truck and a trailer and tow it...

Situation solved!
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                      They cleaned my thing out
                      g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                      2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Originally posted by GTPHeebs
                        Way to change the subject there. Could just buy a luggage rack?
                        A luggage rack is completly out of the question. They are both ugly, but foremost, would not work with a folding hardtop.
                        We are going to try the multiple soft side or a combination of garment and soft side. I don't feel comfortable on a long trip without a spare.

Comment

Do you need to back seat for passengers? Mine tends to hold stuff more than people.

Comment

Re: Custom fit Luggage for Convertible

Originally posted by SteveS
                            As all of you know that have a convertible, traveling with luggage and the top down can be a challange. I had a Miata a few years ago and found soft sided luggage that was custom fit to the trunk.
                            I would love to find the same thing for the G6 for top down traveling. Has anyone see anything of have any good sources to have it custom made?
                            Thanks
                            Steve
                            well I was told as long as you can get the tarp thing over the top will go down. well i went to the beach my three girlfriends and myself of course and well you know girls have to pack alot of shit so all of us put our stuff in the back pulled the tarp over and did some moving around and the top went down fine.. we were all pretty shocked.

Comment

Im a neighbor too. I live in Lilburn

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Working...
                              X