Shift Knob/Door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Knob/Door locks

I'm not sure if anyone brought this up already or not. I didn't see any posts for it in the search field but I was wondering if anyone bought an aftermarket shift knob. And if so which one is best for a g6 gt. Also if there are any aftermarket door locks since the stock ones suck and are way to loose. A good deep bass makes them vibrate like crazy. :smoke:
    Joe
    New to the Pontiac World
    2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
    (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
    (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Yes, there was a post about this somewhere in here... not sure where tho as you said searching can be hard. I dont think anyone came up with anything but a universal might work, I like the stock one so I wouldnt know if it would fit. The door locks I would think are universal and can be bought online or at a part store, if your talking about the little black knob that indicates if the door is locked or not?
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

there is a kid in my class making like a dozen custom shift knobs out of billet aluminum because he bought way more than he needed. they are comming out badass....i would say have one custom made.....i plan to have one made for me. the little picture on the top will be like this:

1 3 5
      | | |
      | | |
      2 4 G6

most people probably wouldn't even notice the 6th gear label, but i think it would be hot as hell for a GTP mod.

Comment

..WHere's reverse at?!
        lol.
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

i hate reverse!! when i learned to drive stick on my dad's chevelle it was up before 1st gear. now all the american cars put it next to 6th and i can never find it

in all honesty though, i am trying to decide if i want it scribed onto my shifter or not. i like the symetrical look of a 6 speed and think that the big 'R' would bother me

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
            ..WHere's reverse at?!
            lol.
            It's on the back, duh

It does look better without it. Besides, you know where it is and that's all that matters!!!
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
              It's on the back, duh

It does look better without it. Besides, you know where it is and that's all that matters!!!
              damn right. no one else should be driving my car anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                i hate reverse!! when i learned to drive stick on my dad's chevelle it was up before 1st gear. now all the american cars put it next to 6th and i can never find it
                The gears are like this on the GTP:

Code:
                R 1 3 5
                | | | |
                -------
                  | | |
                  2 4 6

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Yea I like mine too. It fits the interior.
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Originally posted by bristol16
                    The gears are like this on the GTP:

Code:
                    R 1 3 5
                    | | | |
                    -------
                      | | |
                      2 4 6
                    thank god for that maybe it is just the 5 speed vehicles that have reverse next to 4th gear? i dunno, all i know is that it drives me freaking nuts.

Comment

Actually, it's because the F40 is a European tranny. It is built by Opel, which is GM's German division.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Door Locks

Has anyone found anything to replace the door locks?

Comment

replace them with what? door locks from another car?

Comment

did the guy in your class sell all of the shifter knobs? I'd be interested in seeing and possible buying one.
                            bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

i would assume so. i have been out of class for a couple months now. i know he made a few for friends with K5 blazers and a half a dozen for the import guys. he was just making them as people wanted them but i haven't seen him since i left school.

Comment

Working...
                              X