Tinting question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting question...

Hey I'm going to have my car tinted by the end of the month. I've seen people with 20% it seems sorta light, and then 5% seems too dark. Is there actually a middle ground? Say, maybe 15%?

p.s. why the heck do cops care if its tinted?? i mean why is it a law? jus cuz they cant see cell phones, beer bottles, ... oh ok i guess i get it.
    ::Black 06V6G6::..more to come.

Theres a whole other thread on this, just have to search around and read thru the pages... but to answer your question anyways.. yes there is a 15% but its not that common to find, I've acctually seen 10% as well.. most people just do 20% or 5%, 20% will let enuff light in during the day and make it almost impossible to see in at night. As far as getting pulled over that of course depends on the laws of you area but most importantly it depends on the cop giving (or not giving) the ticket.. just a crap shoot
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

your local shop should be able to do whatever % you want if they are good. just by combining different layers they can get whatever

20% really isnt that light but if you dont want people to see in during day 15 should do it pretty well

Comment

you wouldnt want to combine layers of tint.. they can get any shade they want in a roll... they just dont order 15 or 10% because its not in as high of demand.. theres not a big difference between 15/20 and 10/5. You wouldnt want to layer tint because it would get thick, a tint shop should have basically every shade you want and if not, they can get it within a couple of days!

Comment

I say if you don't feel comfortable with limo 5%. Go with the 20%. I used Static cling on my car because it is illegal to have 5%. This way I can take it off and put it back on.
          MILLIONAIRE'$ CLUB

Comment

You also might want to check what your local regulations are for window tint. Believe it or not I've actually had a bored cop check my tint, which was legal by the way.
            Justin

Stealth Gray 2005 G6 GT Sedan - new owner so I'm figuring out what mods to start with.

Comment

when cops check, do they usually just check the front windows or do they check the rear as well? 35% is legal here in KS but I figured I could get away with 35 up front and 20 in the rear.

Comment

Tinting the rear is legal in most states I believe...
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yeah.. usually its the driver/pass door that will get you in trouble!

Comment

I went with 20 in the front and 5 in the back. I wanted 13 all around but the guy who did it only had 5 20 and 35. Another thing to remember that different brands look darker than others. I think its solar ray is the standard and theirs is on point. Most others are lighter.
                    Originally posted by Nikki
                    You are an e-pimp.
                    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                    I tried too, my penis way too big
                    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

My girls got 20 on her Cobalt, grantit its a white coupe but maaaaan it looks craaazy dark compared to the tint that the place used on mine!

Comment

I'm not sure what brand I had on my old car, but I had 40% all around and it was pretty damn dark. At night you could only see person's shadows when looking in.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Interior color helps too. Black looks darker than my tope color.
                          Originally posted by Nikki
                          You are an e-pimp.
                          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          I tried too, my penis way too big
                          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I had 15% on my jeep with the gray interior and it was insanly dark. I somtimes had troube at night in dark places seeing out my side and rear windows. Also in NY I beleieve the "legal" limit is 50%. But I had 15% for years there and never had any trouble. But Like the guys have said. All depends on who is writing the ticket.
                            Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe--Strut Brace is all I have for now. More to come!

Comment

This should be NYS law, at least thats what is where where I'm from and its not a "crime ridden" area! So theres no reason for them to enforce any law differently than what the state mandates! As you can tell, nobody really goes with the law because its retarded haha

Comment

Working...
                              X