This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified rides look out

Just thought I'd post this in the Canada section as well, since it pertains to you guys (It's also in the off topic thread about the street racing cars being crushed)

Canadian province claims power to seize, destroy modified cars
    06/21/07, 12:55pm, EDT

Police in Canada's most populous province have the right to seize and destroy any car that has been modified for street racing, Ontario's top prosecutor claims.

“If we can establish someone has parts and they're juicing up their car — obviously for the purpose of street racing — then we can seize those vehicles,” Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said Wednesday, according to the Canadian Press.

“We will seize it and you will never see it again. We will crush your car, we will crush the parts.”

“We don't need to wait until that car hits the road fully loaded,” he said, adding that modified cars are as dangerous as explosives, capable of causing catastrophic damage.

Mr. Bryant was also an architect of Ontario's recent pit bull ban, which was designed to "protected from the menace" of "dangerous dogs," which he characterized as "nothing but a loaded weapon waiting to go off."

Bryant's comments on modified cars seem to suggest Ontario's liberal government is exempt fromthe Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which states: "Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure."

It's not known if Bryant's latest comments are an accurate reflection of Canadian or Ontario law, or if police will use this apparent power, but it's clear Ontario's police are getting tired of dangerous driving.

“There is no excuse for street racing and aggressive driving, such as the high speeds and unsafe lane changes we have seen recently,” Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino said in a recent press release
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

makes me glad I live nowhere near Toronto ... yet another reason to avoid it like the plague
    sigpic

Comment

well its because of dumbasses and the amount of accidents that we have on hwy 400 is just madness.....geez it was like people are dieing for like five days in row.

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

That's some news I wanna hear, so many dumbass little punks.

Comment

silly canadians
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          They cleaned my thing out
          g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
          2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire

What's with all the stupid right-hand drive Skylines with fart can exhausts and shitty lowering jobs driving around Lethbridge lately? I probably see two or three every day now.

I saw a WS6 Firebird anhilate one down Mayor Magrath the other day. It was wicked.

Comment

nothing new some cities have already done it...
              2010 Chevy Equinox Blue AWD LTZ
              2005 Blue G6 GT Sedan - Traded In

Comment

Oh damn, I forgot to e-mail that idiot to dare him to come take my car away from me because it's been modified.

The statement that he made is as such:

We can take your car and destroy it if we even THINK it CAN be used for street racing.

Illegal search and siezure anyone?

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                  Originally posted by Interfire

What's with all the stupid right-hand drive Skylines with fart can exhausts and shitty lowering jobs driving around Lethbridge lately? I probably see two or three every day now.

I saw a WS6 Firebird anhilate one down Mayor Magrath the other day. It was wicked.
                  Yeah I saw one outside when I was at Dynasty one night, It was in really bad shape too but was riddled with crap.

Comment

It blows my mind that some self righteous asshole with too much time on his hands and a hot topic like street racing can go so far with such a stupid idea.
                    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

As far as I've understand, they've always been doing that. It's really targeted at those cars which are convicted of street racing.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Punishing the cars for the crimes the drivers commit is kind of dumb. Targeting and punishing the drivers makes better sense than targeting the vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                          Punishing the cars for the crimes the drivers commit is kind of dumb. Targeting and punishing the drivers makes better sense than targeting the vehicles.
                          punish a car? so you're saying that the drivers aren't being punished by having their cars crushed and that the cars actually have feelings and care that they are being crushed?

Comment

I know my car would cry if she got punched in the vagina.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                              I know my car would cry if she got punched in the vagina.
                              personally, if someone crushed my car i think it would bother me more than it would bother the car

Comment

Working...
                              X