STRUT TOWER BRACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRUT TOWER BRACE

In a previous posting, I had mentioned my capability to manufacture various parts.

Out of curiosity, if I were to design a strut towr bar and manufacture them, would you, the buyer, prefer-

A) A tubular aluminum bar(similar to a ractive design)-approx. $175 CDN
    or
    B) A machined billet aluminum piece- approx $230 CDN

This is early stage development, and I will post progress as we go. But this is the first question I need answered.

I look forward to your replies.

**coughs** Cheaper
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I would prefer a tubular Strut Tower brace. Something strong, but light in weight.
      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
      Forge Motorsports BPV
      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

acctually yeah, to me that does make more sense....
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'd prefer the machined bar myself. I think that'd look better, different than another tube bar.

That's about (in USD) $150 for the tubular bar and $200 for the machined piece in case anybody else was wondering.
          http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/rates/exchform.html
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

tubular
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Okay...so far 3 tubular, 1 machined.

As for price......I will make these things as affordable as possible. But we have great cars, and I want to provide you guys with great parts to match!!

I am meeting with one of my engineer tomorrow.....I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Wrong Section!
                2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_GTP
                    Gotcha

BTW, Barrie is a nice place, I did my bacic up in Bordon, I spent 3 or 4 weekends in there.
                    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider
                      Originally posted by CDN_GTP
                      Gotcha

BTW, Barrie is a nice place, I did my bacic up in Bordon, I spent 3 or 4 weekends in there.
                      You must have been here in the summer then .....we have about 7 feet of snow on the ground right now(that's about average....)

Comment

I'd rather pay the extra money for a nicer, more sturdy machines brace....MACHINED!!
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

doesn't really matter to me. if the tubular piece is well put together and looks nice i see no reason to get the billet one. i am not concerned with turning my G6 into a show car and i am not worried about you producing a crappy tubular strut bar so i say go with the more cost effective one.

just out of curiosity, if you started making mostly tubular bars but people wanted one or two billet pieces, would the price remain the same or go up due to less of a quantity being made?

Comment

machined
                            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I would be interested in the tubular bar. I was almost ready to buy the Malibu SS one. I can get one at about the dealer price via a friend of mine. But 175$ is a little cheaper and I'd be sure it fits the G6.

Also is a bigger rear sway bar possible? Would it help the car much? Anybody care to comment?
                              -Marc

2005 Granite Metallic GT sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X