Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question???

I have a steep driveway and everytime I back out of my driveway I stratch the shit out of my car underneath. I wanted to know if anyone has done anything about this such as placing some kind of guard. I try to back out on a diagonal but it doesn't always work.
    Joe
    New to the Pontiac World
    2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
    (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
    (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Re: Question???

Originally posted by Night Rider
    I try to back out on a diagonal but it doesn't always work.
    That would be my best suggestion, but since it doesnt work i guess you could have your driveway redone with a smaller slope!
    ~Dave
    06 Liquid Silver GP GXP - Leather/Suede, Navigation, Sunroof, HUD, DIC, XM
    92 Aqua Blue GP GTP - project car
    93 White GP SE B4U - daily driver 256,219 miles
    DIC, HUD, quad leather buckets, Buick F-bar, GMPP trailing arms, clear tails, 15% tint

Comment

One of my driveways is like that. But i have found that if i back in diagonal and pull out forward (slowly of course) i seem to be ok.
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

That would be my thought too, around here all parking lots are sloped (badly) I find that if you go in at a shaaarp angle I dont hit bottom most of the time. Try backing out SUPER slow and at a hard angle!!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Every driveway in AZ is sloped so retarded its like climbing a mountain to get home. I just backout very slowly and I dont' scrape anymore.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

At least you're not scratching it where you can see it. I hope?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

No I'm not and I know this is a pretty dumb question but I was bored at work. But hey heres another dumb question, how do you get paint off your car after you ran over it?
              Joe
              New to the Pontiac World
              2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

like they were painting lines in the road and you ran over them? i would try goo gone or bug and tar remover. a good waxing may help take it off too.

Comment

no someone just spilled an entire can of tan paint in the street. Wrong place at the wrong time. Goo gone actually works
                  Joe
                  New to the Pontiac World
                  2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

isnt that what that california clay stuff is for?
                    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

California Clay??
                      Joe
                      New to the Pontiac World
                      2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

Claybar is a system used to remove inpurities from your paint... I dont know if I would used it to remove paint, if I'm not mistaken you can acctually get road paint remover but it might be for wheel wells only.. I'm not sure. A Claybar is something you'd want to use right after you wash your car and right before you do a good wax (usally only a couple times a year if that). It works really well for us here up north where road salt messes up paint, if your paint feels really rough than use it and you'll notice it feels perfectly smooth...
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

never heard of that, thanx for the info.
                          Joe
                          New to the Pontiac World
                          2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT

Comment

I used claybar to take off a bunch of overspray from a car and it worked well. Road paint... eh, I dunno. That'd be a bit thicker and it didn't gently float down onto the paint like overspray would've. I'd look for the stuff that Noah mentioned and make sure it's safe for the car's finish.
                            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I've used wax to take off paint and overspray. You gotta buff it really hard though.
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Working...
                              X