Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking cubby hole out of the dash? Where to... Switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking cubby hole out of the dash? Where to... Switches?

Is there any easy way of getting that little cubby hole in the dash out of the dash? (the one by the lighter plug). Do I have to take the whole dash out? Do I have to take the center council out? Idk wtf the thing is attatched to. I need to drill holes in it to mount switches.

Also, should I put my switches on the top of that cubby hole facing down, or on the bottome facing up? I am leaning toward the top as then I can still put shit in there. But it will look cooler on the bottom. It will also be easier to wire on the top.

well...depending how big the switch is i think it would look best if you could put it inside the little door/useless compartment that is to the left of the wheel under the fog light button...it you could do that it would look clean and you would still be able to use the cubby hole
    what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

I was going to do that, but then it defeats the purpose of me having gotten LED switches! They mount flush, wiht maybe an 1/8 inch of space taken up. The cubby hole was the original plan, but I like the LED's in there cuz it will show up red when stuff is on. The switches I got are these...

Comment

Originally posted by Vandie
        well...depending how big the switch is i think it would look best if you could put it inside the little door/useless compartment that is to the left of the wheel under the fog light button...it you could do that it would look clean and you would still be able to use the cubby hole
        i was putting my change in that thing for a while, got tired of the jingle everytime i hit a bump.

anyone know where i can fine a change divider to put inside my center console (not the cup holder)?
        -Lucy-
        2006 Silver Gt Coupe
        3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
        sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

I put mine in the cubby hole facing down. It's pretty sweet, and nobody can see it. And you can't really take it out, since it's part of the center console. The 'roof' of it is removable though, unless I just broke mine
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Pics?? How about some instruction as to how you got it out?

Comment

Originally posted by kgeier82
              Originally posted by Vandie
              i was putting my change in that thing for a while, got tired of the jingle everytime i hit a bump.

anyone know where i can fine a change divider to put inside my center console (not the cup holder)?
              I put my change in my cup holders. I dont usually have enough for them to really get high and effect the effectivness of my cupholders. I have like 15 cents in pennies in there. I wish I woulda stollen the little change holder from my grandprix. Even if it jsut floated around in my car, atleast they would all be held down.

Comment

Yea sure gimme two minutes. I didn't take it out...well I just took the top out. But to get at it you have to take the whole center console off...as if you were changing the stereo. Once that's off you'll have access to everything.
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

-Mike #1

Comment

That is sorta what I am gonna do, but I think I will have mine closer to the front, and the switches will go front to back not side to side. I hate UPS and Sundays, because I hardwired my radardetector yesterday (sunday) and my package with the switches was in my city, but they wouldnt deliver it to me cuz it was sunday. Now my dash is all back in and I gotta take it all back out again.

How did you make the hole? Drill? Cuz its square and yea...

Comment

Yea I left room because there's a possibility I might add more switches towards the front sometime in the future. And yea I just used a drill and cut out as square a hole as I could, since the switches have little pieces on them to catch the edge of the hole, you can make the hole a little smaller than the switch.
                      -Mike #1

Comment

What does your switch control?

Comment

well, it used to be the switch so that I could watch DVDs on my flip-out screen when the car wasn't in park. But I've since gotten rid of it for a regular stereo since I was never using the screen for anything else...but I left the switch there for future use, like neons or radar or something.
                          -Mike #1

Comment

Yea, I bought three. One will be for radar, one for neons, and one for something else... probably an amp cutout.

Comment

^how will you ever know which switch controls what
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X