2005 G6 Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 G6 Improvements

I have own one of the original 05 sedan models. I read that most everyone is driving the GT, GXP, Coupes etc. Are there any strong recommendations for the 05 4 door.

Generally I would like to keep everything under the hood. But I have played around with the idea of some exterior cosmetics.

Hope some of you have some input.

Thanks.
    05 3.5 ::: Put it under the hood.

The usual suspects, the DS intakes and GT-R exhaust, work for your car fine. Also, some people like the GM strut brace that you can buy, but I heard that sacrifices ride quality for handling, so I don't know if that's your thing. Other than that, it's the same deal as even the GTP engines: build it yourself

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
      Also, some people like the GM strut brace that you can buy, but I heard that sacrifices ride quality for handling, so I don't know if that's your thing.
      The strut brace does not affect ride quality.

Doesn't really affect handling either, for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
        Originally posted by PrimeGTP
        Also, some people like the GM strut brace that you can buy, but I heard that sacrifices ride quality for handling, so I don't know if that's your thing.
        The strut brace does not affect ride quality.

Doesn't really affect handling either, for that matter

I have no experience with it, all I heard was that it tightens things up a tad, which usually means slightly better cornering along with a slightly more painful buttache

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
        - DS S3 Intake
        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Would help cornering a tad yeah... but when you install it you are probably going to think you are noticing more of a difference than you actually are.

Comment

I felt the brace helped my '05 GT quite a bit.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I felt it made a small difference, not really anything significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Would help cornering a tad yeah... but when you install it you are probably going to think you are noticing more of a difference than you actually are.
                Yeah, 80% psychological, 20% actual.

Comment

You say any recommendations?
                  Yeah...I recommend it. I love mine. :P
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    I felt it made a small difference, not really anything significant.
                    I believe it helps the sedans a little more than the coupes. I was in Tin Indians before we put our braces on, and his was much tighter than my sedan. I'm pissed that I turned down the opportunity to drive his.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X