G6 dealer visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 dealer visit

Just returned from getting some warranty work and a recall attended to and while there wandered around and noticed some things: 1) the dealer salesroom was empty! Business has been really slow I was told. 2) took a walk though the lot; dealer had two G6 convertibles and about a half dozen standard G6's with the four cylinder motor and that was it!! Not one V-6, GT or GTP-nothing! 3) priced out the GM chrome grill inserts and with installation and everything the price would be over $500.00 Cdn. I don't think GM can be seriously trying to sell many! Despite the fact there was a picture of them prominently displayed, the parts departent knew next to nothing about the part.
    And they wonder why things are slow!
    GTPdriver
    G. Stephen Day

Weird, my local BPG is swarming with G6s of various types, only a couple GTPs though. Mostly GT sedans sell in this area. They are doing pretty well, so they keep the lot well stocked. According to my salesperson, they are doing well with the Acadia and Enclave as well, but most other models are starting to stale out. The Lucerne and LaCrosse are virtually dead, and the G5 has apparently never sold that well because it's too much of a Cobalt. Solstice sales are lagging.

Seems to be the G6 and the crossovers that are keeping BPG dealers alive. The only other model that has seen a small boost is the Grand Prix GXP, probably because people who want a front-driver are getting it before the G8 comes in.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Welcome to dealerships, if you think that's bad ask them how much 1 yes (one) lugnut is for out car.

$20

For 1... that's *one* lugnut.

Comment

*guards his lugnuts with a shotgun*

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

I was also at my local dealer this past weekend and took a look around. I also inquired on the lower grills and the upper grills. Way too expensive. But I was told that they will be selling a new hood next year with scoops. Of course, they will be non-functional, but still.

My dealership had a ton of G6's but mostly verts and base models. There was one used vert on the lot that I'm thinking about try to get. 07 Liquid Silver, 4100 miles loaded with the 3.5L engine, with the GTP 18's ...$27,000. But then I'd have to remove myself for the SSSS club.
          Brian-
          Membership has it's privileges

SSSS Member #10 since 2007

Comment

I remember I lost a bolt for my intake manifold when I was working on my Grand Am. They wanted $27 for a new one.

I went without the bolt.. lol

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Baldguy247
              I was also at my local dealer this past weekend and took a look around. I also inquired on the lower grills and the upper grills. Way too expensive. But I was told that they will be selling a new hood next year with scoops. Of course, they will be non-functional, but still.

My dealership had a ton of G6's but mostly verts and base models. There was one used vert on the lot that I'm thinking about try to get. 07 Liquid Silver, 4100 miles loaded with the 3.5L engine, with the GTP 18's ...$27,000. But then I'd have to remove myself for the SSSS club.
              hmmm what's the ssss club?

Comment

Super Sexy Silver Sedan, or something like that.

- DS S3 Intake

Comment

Working...
                X