Consumer Report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Report...

I searched this on our site(repost), couldnt find it.
    So, hopefully this will be a little useful. Thought that ya'll might like to see it. Enjoy.
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars ... tvideo.htm
    Dont BOV or your going to cause a boost spike and leak blinker fluid causing you to lock up your muffler bearings.
    Eric # whatever
    newbiestyle:
    holy shiatfcuk its heebs!!

Well don't that just suck for the most part!
    Hope I don't have to go through any of that again. The way I came into the G6 to begin with was from a crash that totalled my other car and it had an exceptional rating for its time. Even still I walked away from that wreck with injuries. I would hate to see what happens with the G6.
    Nikki #3- Who Doesn't Like A Threesome?

Official Thrill Seeker of the SWO
    Mods:
    UHP 225/40/R18, 40% Tint, Window/hood deflectors, Chrome lower grill covers, trim on back lights,and trim under spoiler, Red duplicolor brake calipers and G6 GTP logos on door handles, Silver GTP logo on calipers and G6 GTP 3rd brake light cover

Comment

Was interesting to see just how much of a difference the side airbags made in the front seat, it literally is almost life and death. Sucks about the rear seat though, they should consider fitting a small airbag in that arm rest section that smacks the passenger in the ribs.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
      - DS S3 Intake
      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Can someone explain though- do they just rate the vehicle on how it affects the safety or is it actually rated on the damange sustained and repair costs as well? I mean I don't see how that front off side crash would not have totalled that car they way it looked and they still gave it a good rating? I am guessing it must just be the personal safety rating.
        Nikki #3- Who Doesn't Like A Threesome?

Official Thrill Seeker of the SWO
        Mods:
        UHP 225/40/R18, 40% Tint, Window/hood deflectors, Chrome lower grill covers, trim on back lights,and trim under spoiler, Red duplicolor brake calipers and G6 GTP logos on door handles, Silver GTP logo on calipers and G6 GTP 3rd brake light cover

Comment

this is actaully a pretty cool site with all the models and everything like this
          im going to bookmark it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I have looked at a number of models and relatively speaking, the G6 didn't rate too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by boredchik3
              Can someone explain though- do they just rate the vehicle on how it affects the safety or is it actually rated on the damange sustained and repair costs as well? I mean I don't see how that front off side crash would not have totalled that car they way it looked and they still gave it a good rating? I am guessing it must just be the personal safety rating.
              Most crash ratings take into account cabin intrusion. If an arm or a leg is broken, the rating suffers greatly.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Glad I dished out the extra $600 for side airbags.

Although...in the picture it just showed the curtain. Mine has
                them in the seats as well. hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Which brings up a question....did they offer the 6 with a curtain only and no side airbags? Cause there were none in that video!
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

< Wishes he dished out extra for the side airbags

They were two separate options until last year when the side (?) airbags became standard wasn't it? Or was it the curtains that became standard..

Comment

I rear ended a newer Trailblazer at 40mph and my 6 didn't do all that. I had about $6k worth of repair and labor, and my air bags never deploid. They said it was do to the fact that I hit the blazer so low that the air bag sensor did not trip. Got to love insurance though, only had to pay $1k out of pocket.
                    -Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow

-Forget the car, if the driver sucks, you don't stand a chance!
                    ----------------
                    'Quick'Silver 2006 G6 Sedan 3.5ltr V6
                    - debadged - took out resonator

Comment

i think i need a trade in

Comment

Ew.... Consumer Reports.... (shrivers)

Those guys should be renamed Toyota Reports or Honda Reports when comes to reviewing cars.
                        <-- Gray G6? Click!
                        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                          Ew.... Consumer Reports.... (shrivers)

Those guys should be renamed Toyota Reports or Honda Reports when comes to reviewing cars.
                          Thats the truth.
                          2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
                          (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
                          (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

REPORTS

Well they named my Grand am poor in front crash testing. I'm still alive after my car accident back in 2005 when I cut cut off in traffic and destroyed my front end. My back still aches me sometimes but I get screwed because I got cut off my a guy with non car insurance but I'm happy I put his ugly white beretta in the junkyard and my silver beast is still on the road

Comment

Originally posted by boredchik3
                              Can someone explain though- do they just rate the vehicle on how it affects the safety or is it actually rated on the damange sustained and repair costs as well?
                              It's all about personal safety. They couldn't care less about the condition of the car after a crash, with the exception when the condition of the car effects your personal safety. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be whole with a wrecked car than an amputee with a solid car.

Comment

Working...
                              X