Question about jack placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about jack placement

It's not so much about where to put the jack, that make me a dumbass, but my back jack positions where the stock jack fits are cut perfectly, the indentions are perfectly cut, but in the front there not cut in at all and just jagged like the machine that is supposed to cut it messed up. Anyone else notice this or is this normal? Thanks in advance.

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

if im picturing right i thinks its just body filler but pics would help

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Normal (Rear)

Weird (Front)

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero

Comment

thats just body sealer if you touch it it will be slightly "squishy" and you can pull or cut it off

so yeah thats normal

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
          thats just body sealer if you touch it it will be slightly "squishy" and you can pull or cut it off

so yeah thats normal
          oh alright thanks, i was kinda scared to put the jack under it cause i thought it would be uneven and might collapse, before i noticed the arrows it was damn near impossible to find it because it looked so different than the rear jack placements.

Comment

i have a flat tire jack that doesnt have the grooved head.

im wondering where to put that under the car. the GM jack is a pain to use, and makes it harder to rotate the tires with just one jack
            -Lucy-
            2006 Silver Gt Coupe
            3.5 l v6, alloy 17"s
            sun and sound package, leather package.

Cardomain Site:
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663987

Comment

I use a hydraulic jack. I put the entire plate right under that piece in those pictures.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                I use a hydraulic jack. I put the entire plate right under that piece in those pictures.
                i thought about using that but i wasn't sure it would hold since it's grooved out and such a small piece. The frame was way too far in to put it under there it would have been hell to use it under there

Comment

In the front I use a hydraulic jack at the farthest rear point on the control arms. In the rear, there's a spot just in front of the rear tires that is solid, I jack it up with the hydraulic jack again, and then I have to jack up the actual suspension by the wheel to get the fucking wheel off the ground.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

looks like Hello's G6 was built on Monday.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                    X